My laptop was hacked into and then my cell. If I have a t-mobile account with another even though I have a separate number how easy is it to see all I do and hack into my cell?
    If I root my phone or just reset it can they still see what I do and hack into it.
    08-26-2017 09:50 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! How do you know you were hacked?
    08-28-2017 12:51 PM
    Dear ambassador

That is the question.

How does one tell if they are hacked on Android?

Where can you find peace with things like third party clients you can't disable or uninstall?

One day, just my accounts, next, I'm logged in to a non friend's account for 5 minutes.

My wifi can't see a signal standing by the router.

It's possible it's paranoia but, given Google's fail when it comes to security and permissions on the absolute crap you have to install, where and how does one find peace?

Or just tape a butt hole picture to the camera and move on?

Thanks
    09-15-2017 11:27 AM
    And if you was in to apps, services, and details.... Either Android has the worst naming convention for paranoid people or....

Why does maps have a change wifi state permission
    .... I could go on for weeks, I hope you see the point
    09-15-2017 11:46 AM
    "How does one tell if they are hacked on Android?"

Unless you're a systems developer, or you run a few very good malware and anti-virus programs, you don't. Phones are computers. Not everyone understands everything about them. Not everyone is expected to understand everything about them.

1. No signal when standing near the router sounds like a disconnected antenna in the phone. Put the phone on the router and see if it sees a signal. (If not, the motherboard is probably bad.)

2, Third party apps that you can't uninstall may be set as administrators (which they need to be to do what they do). If you didn't install them, go to Settings/Security/Device administrators and uncheck the app. Then you should be able to uninstall it. (Make absolutely certain that it's not an app installed by your carrier that the phone has to have in order to work - removing an app like that can render the phone useless.)

3. Maps uses wifi location information.

4. Most of the file names make sense - if you're familiar with Android naming conventions. (But apps like com.sec.<something> aren't apps you should be doing anything with anyway, so it doesn't matter if you can figure out what they are.)

5. "One day, just my accounts, next, I'm logged in to a non friend's account for 5 minutes." Your friend's account in the phone? Or on Facebook or some other thing? (That would be a problem with wherever you're logged into, not with the phone. (And Facebook isn't known as an example of how to write great software - there are about 4 known bugs in the current Android app version.)

I think you arebeing too paranoid.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    09-15-2017 01:43 PM
    1. Actually no one can really know they got hacked depending on what the hacker wants to do. It doesn't matter if it's Android, Apple, or Windows. If the hacker designs his tool to stay quiet and just send him copies of everything you do, then you can't tell.
    2. Android's security is at a point where the only way anyone can hack your phone is if you let them in. Theoretically, they can still intercept the signal from your phone, but that's not an issue with Android anymore, but rather on the technology itself since all wireless devices are vulnerable to that. But it's actually not useful since that info is inreadable to anyone due to encryption and its nature of being delivered in packets.
    3. The only way anyone can have access to your phone is if you willingly install the hacking mechanism. That's why you have to get your apps only from reputable sources and refrain from pirated/cracked apps. You never know if those apps are safe. Google monitors the Play Store, so if someone puts up a malicious app, they'll learn about it and remove it.
    4. Maps doesn't have a change wifi state permission.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    09-15-2017 01:48 PM