Hello, everyone! This is my first ever question on Android Central, so please, if you can, hear me out!

The story goes like this:

Yesterday, I received a message from Assurance Wireless saying that I have less than 50MB left, and that my service will end if it goes down to 0MB. I proceeded to clear up my data (e.g., Facebook, Messenger, Google Play Services, etc.) on my phone (a Kyocera), and then I carelessly went over anything that had any amount of data used and cleared it. One of the things I cleared up data on was Media Storage, which had my preloaded (or default) ringtones that are used for alarms (e.g., Cesium, Fermium, Neon, etc.).

Didn't seem like a problem, right?

Well, later on, when I went on "Clock" to set up the alarm for 5:30 this morning, and when I went on Media Storage to change the alarm to the one I desire, I had noticed that EVERY single one of my preloaded alarm ringtones (again, e.g., Cesium, Fermium, Neon, etc.) have been gone. Forever... That was when I came to the realization that I had ACCIDENTLY cleared up Media Storage while clearing up my phone's data! So, now I only have the Silent, Facebook Pop, Android Notification, and Hangouts Call ringtones for an alarm, none of which I personally like, except maybe the last one. I'm now frustrated at myself for performing this very mistake on my phone...

Some of those are my favorite ringtones! Examples of my several favorite preloaded alarm ringtones are Cesium, Fermium, Helium, Krypton, Neon, and Osmium. I REALLY want to get them back so bad! Please, if you can, help...

So, my question is this: Are there ANY possible solutions on how to get my preloaded alarm ringtones back on my phone? I really would like to know, please!

It would be very much appreciated if any of you have any possible solutions to this problem. Please, let me know ASAP!

Any help, answers, and/or insights to my "preloaded alarm ringtones" problem will be very much appreciated.

Thank you all in advance, and have a nice day!
    08-27-2017 05:01 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Which phone is this? Unless a phone is rooted, you shouldn't be able to delete preinstalled ringtones -- they're in a protected system directory.

Second, I think you might have misunderstood the warning you got from Assurance. It sounds like they were warning you that you only had 50 MB of mobile data left for the month that you could use to access the web from your phone. In other words, if you have a monthly plan that gives you 500 MB of mobile data per month, and you already used 450 MB of it, that's why you got this warning. They're not telling you that you have to clear out the storage in your phone.
    08-27-2017 11:01 PM
    Hello!

My phone is a Kyocera from Android.

If AW is not telling me that I have to clear out the storage on my phone, then what do I have to clear out (where must I go to clear MB out)?
    08-28-2017 12:19 AM
    Which model name/number?

Do you know if you were running low on free space to begin with? If you're not getting warning notifications from the phone that you're running low on available space, then you don't have to clear anything. Remember, Assurance was telling you that you only had 50 MB of mobile internet data left for the month that you could use; it wasn't telling you that you were running low on available space on the phone.
    belodion likes this.
    08-28-2017 10:50 AM
    Model number: C6743

I received a message from AW, so yes, I knew I was running low. I just go to "Storage," then on "Apps," and clear data on anything that uses up, even when not in use. I mainly clear up Facebook, Messenger, and Google Play Services.
    09-01-2017 04:34 PM
    The use of the word 'data' to mean different things can cause confusion.
    As B. Diddy explained above, the warning that you received from your carrier will have been that you have only 50mb of mobile data usage left before your credit or allowance expires. Use all of it, and either you will no longer be able to use mobile data for a while, or you will be charged at higher rates if you nevertheless continue to use it beyond 0mb: exactly what happens will depend on your plan.

Your own personal data is made up of files of one sort or another - texts, emails, photos, apps, etc., all of which occupy the storage space on your phone. Any warning about low storage space will come from the phone, not the carrier. You don't need to free storage unless it is running low.

There is a connection between those different types of data, but for practical purposes, you can just ignore that, and think of them as different things.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    09-01-2017 05:12 PM