My battery lasts a maximum of around 32 hours when put into flight mode. It's lucky to last 24 hours even if I don't touch the phone all day. Battery stats only show a small percentage being used. I had the same problem with the original battery, bought a new replacement which has not helped at all. What could be causing the battery to drop charge?
    08-28-2017 07:22 AM
    Welcome to the forums. What version of Android are you on?
    08-28-2017 10:16 AM
    Thanks
    Currently on version 7.1.2
    Problem has been ongoing for months, through several upgrades. Think the last time I saw normal battery life was while using Marshmallow. Phone has been charged to 100% 24 hours ago, has lost 73% but only stat on battery use is mobile standby at 3%.
    08-28-2017 10:44 AM
    How old is the battery?
    08-28-2017 10:52 AM
    Replacement battery is a couple of months old. This battery is showing no improvement over old battery so I assume it's some other problem.
    08-28-2017 11:06 AM
    Have you tried reflashing the ROM?
    08-29-2017 10:30 AM
    That mobile standby - tap the grid to get to the next page, then look at the bottom for the mobile signal. Is it solid green? If not, the weak signal is costing you battery. Even if you're in the same place, the carrier may have moved the pattern on the towers, making the signal weaker where you are. (That's why it's a good idea to keep an eye on the signal strength every month or so. If the carrier isn't supplying you with enough signal in the places you normally are, you may need a different carrier. (Saving money, or getting a nice free phone, doesn't end up doing you much good if that carrier is going to cause your battery to drain fast.)

Another thing to remember - as we keep getting newer versions of Android, they keep doing more, costing more battery. 7.1.2 uses a lot more battery than 2.3.3 did.
    08-29-2017 12:51 PM
    Have you tried reflashing the ROM?
    I wouldn't even know where to start with this!
    08-30-2017 08:46 AM
    That mobile standby - tap the grid to get to the next page, then look at the bottom for the mobile signal. Is it solid green? If not, the weak signal is costing you battery. Even if you're in the same place, the carrier may have moved the pattern on the towers, making the signal weaker where you are. (That's why it's a good idea to keep an eye on the signal strength every month or so. If the carrier isn't supplying you with enough signal in the places you normally are, you may need a different carrier. (Saving money, or getting a nice free phone, doesn't end up doing you much good if that carrier is going to cause your battery to drain fast.)

Another thing to remember - as we keep getting newer versions of Android, they keep doing more, costing more battery. 7.1.2 uses a lot more battery than 2.3.3 did.
    Sorry that should read phone idle. Had phone on airplane mode at the time. Battery can be fully charged but even if phone is switched off completely the battery still discharges. Had the same issue with both batteries.
    08-30-2017 08:51 AM
    I wouldn't even know where to start with this!
    Check this out:

On the 5X, this should be pretty easy, and even though the video is a few years old, the steps are similar. You will need to unlock the bootloader, which will wipe the device.
    08-30-2017 10:25 AM