Hi

I would like to have a PC folder, among the share options on my android phone.

Example: In gallery I long tab on an image and then I tab the share button. This gives me a whole bunch of options like: mail, message, cloud, drive etc. but I would like to have an option that say PC. If I had one saying PC an I chose it, I would like the file to automatically be copied to a predefined folder on my PC.

Is that possible ?
    If so how.

p.s. I know how to copy files using various file manager and my PC.

Thanks in advance
    Asger-P
    08-28-2017 09:23 AM
    I would also like to know.
    08-28-2017 11:43 AM
    No, Android doesn't have that option, and there's no way to add it (unless you're a good enough Android developer that you can rewrite Android).

You'll just have to plug the phone into the PC and copy the file with the PC's file manager (like Explorer in Windows).
    08-28-2017 01:28 PM
    No, Android doesn't have that option, and there's no way to add it (unless you're a good enough Android developer that you can rewrite Android).
    I don't think you are right about that "there is no way to add it", because in ES file-explorer I can copy a file to my PC, which means that the only thing an app should do is:
    Browse to a folder on a PC and save the path.
    Then it should register as an app that can handle file sharing.
    When called upon it should copy the file to the predefined PC folder.

I'm not an Android developer, but I do program to Windows, so I think this would be a piece of cake for a skilled android developer.

Best regards
    Asger
    08-28-2017 02:40 PM
    There are a few pre-requisites for this.

First - you need connectivity with the computer. You will either need an app on the computer to "open" a share accessible from the internet or you will need to be on the same network.

Next - you will need an app on the device (ES File Explorer would count for connecting to the share on the computer but I would avoid this one due to payloads that come with it) that can actually connect to the folder on the computer AND make it available in the share actions.

I think the biggest hurdle is actually the first point. To have it work and not have frustrated users/customers you need to ensure it'll work EVERY time, not just when at home. Unless you have a companion app on the home computer, this won't be so easy.

I like Google Drive for sending files between computers and my mobile devices. You don't HAVE to leave the files there, you can copy them down to a folder and remove them from Drive to maintain your available space.
    08-28-2017 03:27 PM
    I think the biggest hurdle is actually the first point. To have it work and not have frustrated users/customers you need to ensure it'll work EVERY time, not just when at home. Unless you have a companion app on the home computer, this won't be so easy.
    In my case this isn't a hurdle, I wouldn't expect such a share to work outside the network where it was set up, but I get your point, a lot of users would expect it to work everywhere.

I like Google Drive for sending files between computers and my mobile devices. You don't HAVE to leave the files there, you can copy them down to a folder and remove them from Drive to maintain your available space.
    I might be a little paranoid, but I do prefer using as little of those "free" services as possible, so for now I use my mail for sharing files (not a gmail ).

Sounds like I have to wait for an Android developer, making such an app, if ever.

Thanks
    Best regards
    Asger
    08-28-2017 05:17 PM