Hi guys, I was hoping someone can help me and figure out if there is any way I can mirror my screen to my tv without any wifi? I have a chrome cast and that depends on WI FI. However I am trying to save and not acquire any wi fi services in my new home. I was wondering if anyone has been able to mirror any of the above devices to their tv without wi fi.

please help

thanks !
    08-28-2017 11:45 AM
    Samsung did away with MHL on the S8 and certain prior phones. I use a wired connection to the TV thus doing away with wifi: Towabo USB 3.1 Type C to HDMI. Another advantage is no delay between audio and video.

Have heard claims that Firestick can do the job w/out wifi but ignorant as to how.

Microsoft has a device that Samsung shops carry but a sales representative told me that there have been complaints that sometimes video and audio don't match.

Good luck... And make sure your connection has a separate power source so that your phone doesn't run out of gas.
    08-28-2017 12:54 PM
    I'm searching for the same answer as you I just watched a YouTube video showing how you can do it with Chromecast by using your mobile hotspot ...
    echolaylia likes this.
    12-10-2017 01:34 AM
    Do you have a laptop? All you need is just a usb cable and a laptop and you can mirror to that. Or you can use the laptop as pass through, mirror the laptop on the TV via HDMI and then the cellphone to the laptop.
    12-10-2017 02:02 AM
    Do you have a laptop? All you need is just a usb cable and a laptop and you can mirror to that. Or you can use the laptop as pass through, mirror the laptop on the TV via HDMI and then the cellphone to the laptop.
    Yes I have a laptop. So you hook a phone to the laptop with a USB cable and then connect the laptop to the TV with HDMI? This is only an issue with me when I'm out on the road I drive a truck and I used my phone hotspot to my laptop to watch U-verse and DirecTV Now app but as of November 1st AT&T no longer allows streaming their services with a Windows device(my laptop) for whatever reason
    12-11-2017 10:07 PM
    Yes I have a laptop. So you hook a phone to the laptop with a USB cable and then connect the laptop to the TV with HDMI? This is only an issue with me when I'm out on the road I drive a truck and I used my phone hotspot to my laptop to watch U-verse and DirecTV Now app but as of November 1st AT&T no longer allows streaming their services with a Windows device(my laptop) for whatever reason
    Use Sidesync. It completely mirrors the phonescreen to the laptop. I am not sure if it's able to go around the blocks you mentioned though.
    12-11-2017 10:09 PM
    Use Sidesync. It completely mirrors the phonescreen to the laptop. I am not sure if it's able to go around the blocks you mentioned though.
    Cool man I appreciate it. I gave it a shot last night but I think I need a WiFi connection for the initial setup cause it wouldn't pair up.
    12-14-2017 02:06 PM
    Cool man I appreciate it. I gave it a shot last night but I think I need a WiFi connection for the initial setup cause it wouldn't pair up.
    Nope. You can use USB cable to the laptop. It connects via cable or WiFi.
    12-14-2017 06:21 PM
    I sent my info to Microsoft to see if they can figure out why it's not working. Keeps saying "Sidesync 4.0 has stopped working" immediately after opening...
    12-18-2017 12:34 PM