I have two problems with my phone

Caixia

Aug 29, 2017
Visit site
Okay, so, I for some reason have two problems with my phone. I use a ZTE android phone and when I was going to factory reset it, it would not let me, like, when I press factory reset, it goes back to the settings and doesn't reset. My second problem is that the 3 buttons on the bottom of the phone, back, home and overview buttons won't work, like, I would have to keep tapping it a bunch of times to get it to work. It gets really annoying.

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
Okay, so, I for some reason have two problems with my phone. I use a ZTE android phone and when I was going to factory reset it, it would not let me, like, when I press factory reset, it goes back to the settings and doesn't reset. My second problem is that the 3 buttons on the bottom of the phone, back, home and overview buttons won't work, like, I would have to keep tapping it a bunch of times to get it to work. It gets really annoying.
I would recommend backing up your data before factory resetting. If you have done so already, try a factory reset from your phone's recovery mode.

Caixia

Aug 29, 2017
Visit site
I would recommend backing up your data before factory resetting. If you have done so already, try a factory reset from your phone's recovery mode.

Where would the phone's recovery mode be? Also, I was also gonna factory reset to see if it would fix the button problem

Last edited:

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
Where would the phone's recovery mode be? Also, I was also gonna factory reset to see if it would fix the button problem
You will have to power down the device. Once it is fully shut off, you need to hold power button+volume down button (some phones power button+volume up) until the phone vibrates. Once it vibrates, you can let go of the power button, but continue to hold the volume down (or up) button until the recovery menu comes up. From that menu, see if there is a factory reset option from there.

Source for additional help: http://zte-iqorsupport.custhelp.com...~/how-can-i-put-the-phone-into-recovery-mode?

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
Before factory resetting, make sure your data is backed up. From the recovery menu, if there is an option, it should say "factory reset" or "factory reset/wipe data". You can move through the menu with the volume buttons. You can select an option with the power button. Highlight the factory reset option and select it with the power button. It will ask you to confirm and you will have to select "yes". It will then factory reset your phone.

Let me know if you have any more questions.