I have the smaller Pixel phone. I had it replaced because the touch screen was erratic. It would randomly swipe town from the top, click things, etc. causing text messages to be sent when I was in the middle of typing, or the contact being dialed without me tapping the button myself.

It also had some gps issues, so I glad I got it replaced but I have being having the same issues with the new phone's touch screen and the culprit seems to be the case.

It's a simple, thin, flexible, wrap around "bumper"-style case that I use only to prevent the screen from cracking if dropped. It doesn't cover the screen at all, just adds a small lip around it. However, when I remove the case I don't experience these touch issues at all.

I have tried washing the inside and outside of the cover and looking for any dust that might be causing the problem but I can't figure out why this is happening.
    08-30-2017 01:35 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! What material is it made from? Maybe it's building up a small static electricity charge from recurrent friction, and that charge is interfering with the screen?
    08-30-2017 01:53 PM
    It's a translucent, flexible plastic. I found the case on amazon https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...cUvbUpU5948784
    08-31-2017 01:50 PM
    Two thoughts:

Rub the case (when it's off the phone) against some fur, then touch it to someone (or a water pipe). If it causes a shock or a little spark, it's made of the wrong material. In that case, I'd notify the manufacturer and ask for a refund (postage at their expense - it's called a prepaid RMA).

If not, look carefully at the entire edge of the case, where it comes near the screen. Is it pressing the screen? If the plastic is conductive, and it is, and you're holding the phone, that could be causing a "touch" on the screen at that point. That can cause "phantom presses".
    B. Diddy likes this.
    08-31-2017 03:37 PM