A question about the photos app for someone who doesn't understand technology

A

AC Question

Hello everyone, I was wondering if you could help me with a question about the Google photos app. I've had my phone now for years and it's just dawned on me that the Google photos app came pre installed on my phone, and my phone doesn't have a gallery, only allowing me to see photos I've taken on the camera app. There's also a shortcut I've noticed leads me to google photos. I'm just wondering if Google photos could take my photos and upload them automatically to my email without me opening the app. Many thanks, I'm out of touch and worried about the phone and app

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
1. The app shows you any pictures (of a file type it can handle) on the phone, whether you took them with the camera, copied them to the phone, downloaded them - no matter how they got there. (If you add a picture, you have to restart the phone or run an app like media.Re.Scan to have it added to the list of pictures Photos knows about.

2. There's no place "email", so you can't upload anything to "it". If you mean email your pictures, you have to do that from the email app, and you won't be able to send them all at once - most email servers are limited to 25MB per email.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781