I'm not even an phone addict, hardly have many apps, I do use it for photography but immediately remove the pics. Of course it has to update but you would think it would do it by making more free space rather than using it all. I think your phone you pay so much for would get you through some years. It just seems like a scam to me making a 32 GB phone when it starts off with almost half the data used.
    09-01-2017 07:15 AM
    You could go to settings and clear up the accumulated unnecessary data. Don't know about you but I've never really filled up my phone. I have a 32GB S7Edge and I'm at around 3GB free and just staying there with my usage.

Cached files can reach up to 1GB or more. I suggest downloading SD Maid.
    09-01-2017 07:20 AM
    And I am a software junkie - I still have apps that I installed just to help someone with - and I have 15GB out of 32GB free.

Clear your app cache (in Settings/Storage) and your system cache (restart in recovery mode).

It's not that phones are made with limited storage so that you'll have to buy a new phone, it's that new features come put that weren't thought of when the phone was designed. We used to get along fine with 1GB of storage - but the system was a lot smaller and the apps were a lot smaller (and there were fewer of them). Eventually we'll need 64 bit phones with 8GB of RAM (or more) and a TB of storage. And one day, even that will seem like a small old phone. The need for space and the need for speed (and the "need" for higher resolution - it's not really a need - you can't see the difference between a 2k picture and a 4k picture on a 6" screen) keep going up, and always will.
    09-01-2017 01:10 PM