Cant make alarm clock icon go away

A

AC Question

Was using a sony z5 and alarm icon didnt go away even when there was no alarms set. Tried to find where it was coming from but gave up since i was going to change my phone. Just gotten a galaxy S8 for 2 days and the alarm icon is back when i have not touched any alarm applications. Help im annoyed.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Welcome to the forums. Sometimes this alarm notifications come from apps like calendar, to-do-list, notes ... Do you have this kind of apps installed and active in your phone?

sngrui

Sep 1, 2017
Visit site
Since its a new phone i dont have extra calender or notes installed other than the default apps which i have no set an alarm on. The only thing i can think off is me logging into my google acc on the phone but it has not given me this problem in previous phones only till recently and i dont find any alarms on it

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Safe Mode temporarily disables third-party apps diagnostically. If the problem disappears in Safe Mode, that suggests that you have such an app that's causing it. Having determined which one - it could be the one that was installed just before the trouble started - you can exit Safe Mode, and either Disable the app, or Clear Cache, Clear Data, Force Stop and Uninstall.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Alarm icon doesnt appear in safe mode
As Belodion explained this means that the alarm icon comes from an app that you downloaded in both phones. It can be tricky to find out which one is the culprit, but you could try a couple of things.

Restart your phone and wait until the icon shows up. Go to settings - memory and see which apps are listed there (select the minimum amount of time, 3 hours I think). The culprit should be there, probably way down on that list.

If you have Developer options enabled you can repeat the same process and see what's listed under 'running processes' right after the alarm icon pops up.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Too many things running cant tell which one. Icon still thr even after clearing all processes
Yeah, clearing processes won't remove the notification. It could help if you repeat those processes after leaving the phone inactive, or even switched off, for a while, first thing in the morning for example.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781