Hey everyone, I have tried to look up a solution for my question but gave up after 4 hours haha.

Im trying to view a PDF bill for my cellphone which I download through my cellphone provider's android app. Once the download is complete, i go into MyFiles folder and I can see the file in the downloads folder, When I click on the file, i get the following msg:

Unable to open file
    "filename" was deleted, moved, or renamed. Tab DOWNLOAD to download the file again, or tab REMOVE to remove it from downloads.

When i re download the file, the file disappears from the list. I also noticed when i go into my app again to redownload my invoice, a different number is assigned to the downloaded file everytime, which must mean it is somewhere in there.

The last thing i noticed, when i go into MyFiles - Downloads - press and hold the downloaded file then click on Details, i get a pop up, with the file name, size, last modified date, and path, the path shows: content://downloads/my_downloads.

Please help me resolve this, I'm using Android 7

Alek
    09-01-2017 02:47 PM
    Welcome to Android Central. That sounds more like a formatting problem from your banking app. Have you contacted them? Can you download and read the file using an online website?
    09-01-2017 02:54 PM
    Do you have an app that can open .pdf file types? Forgive me if S8 has something preinstalled for that but it could be that
    09-01-2017 09:31 PM
    Mine has some Microsoft Word type apps to do PDF things. Not sure if it was pre installed tho...
    Do you have any outlook things in your device?
    09-02-2017 12:35 AM
    Android doesn't come with a .pdf reader app. (I use Foxit MobilePDF because I've used their desktop program since they came out with it, but there are others in the Play Store.)

Tim, it doesn't come with a Microsoft Word program either - either you installed that one or your carrier added it.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    09-02-2017 12:43 PM
    Hey guys, I'm still unable to open the damn file, i believe the issue is not the phone but possibly the app. I suspect maybe the file that is being downloaded may not be a pdf file but something else, this is just a theory. How can i find out the type of file that is being downloaded?
    09-14-2017 12:49 AM
    Hey guys, I'm still unable to open the damn file, i believe the issue is not the phone but possibly the app. I suspect maybe the file that is being downloaded may not be a pdf file but something else, this is just a theory. How can i find out the type of file that is being downloaded?
    Upload it to Dropbox. Dropbox app will recognize it if it's really pdf. It has a built in viewer.
    09-14-2017 01:57 AM