What to do if my music keep pausing while playing

Samanths Knowles

Aug 28, 2017
Visit site
For the past 6 days my phone was pausing every time I listen to music. Even if I go on YouTube and play something I then pause it does the same while playing games. It is make me go crazy cause ever 2 minutes it pause

Can someone please tell me how could I stop it from doing that
I would appreciate it so much

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Did you mean to post your question in the Gamestash forum?

Which phone do you have? Does this only happen while you're using headphones? Does it only happen with streaming media, or also with locally saved media files?

Matt McGuckin

Dec 6, 2017
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Did you mean to post your question in the Gamestash forum?

Which phone do you have? Does this only happen while you're using headphones? Does it only happen with streaming media, or also with locally saved media files?

Same thing is happening to me, happens when I'm connect Bluetooth, head phones, streaming(YouTube as well), and when listening to downloaded music.

It had been doing on my current phone and my old LG V20

It's very frustrating. It didn't do it on my note 4 and 5

I'm to the point where I'm considering switching to Apple

Please help

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Are you saying this only happens when you're using Bluetooth headphones? What about with wired headphones, or just through the phone's main speaker? I ask this because headphones can sometimes send false Pause signals, especially if they're not entirely compatible with the phone.

Jadi Mwendo

Feb 22, 2018
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Are you saying this only happens when you're using Bluetooth headphones? What about with wired headphones, or just through the phone's main speaker? I ask this because headphones can sometimes send false Pause signals, especially if they're not entirely compatible with the phone.

I'm having the same issue with my Galaxy Note 8. It pauses with Bluetooth, headphones, or just the phone. I restart the phone but if it fixes the issue, it's only temporary.

Please help. This is a crazy annoying problem.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Is your issue exactly the same -- i.e., it happens with both locally saved music and streaming music? Which apps are you using to play the music?

Scott Sanders1

Aug 5, 2018
Visit site
Hope you can help! Same issue with my Note 8. All forms of media (music, video, streaming, playing from SD card, over Bluetooth or headphones wired or wireless, through phone speaker) any and all playback randomly pauses at any time multiple times. I mostly liston to Sirius XM both live and downloaded On Demand episodes and have it pause 20-30 times a day. I'm a truck driver listing for 10-14 hrs a day and this is very annoying. TIA for any help or info you can provide. Scott