I put my pics on an sd card and now they wont show through the phone gallery so i cant share or send to anyone. Also all my songs on the sd card i cannot get them into the stock player on the phone. I am desperate for someone who knows android and can help with this.
    09-03-2017 04:35 PM
    Welcome to Android Central. It would be helpful to know which device, OS version you are using. How did you move the pics and music and which folders did you put them in. Can you read the SD card okay with your file manager app?
    09-03-2017 04:39 PM
    Hello..Sorry I'm new I cant even figure out how to respond to your questions. LOl. It is an LG Premier lte. Lousy 8 gigs. so I got an sd card. The card shows through the file manager that it contains the pics and songs. But, I cant figure out how to move them to the phones viewing gallery let alone how to get the songs in the player. Im so frustrated. I dont know what to do. The songs are on the sd card under data and so are the pics.
    09-03-2017 05:17 PM
    Also, it is Lollipop. Im sorry im so ignorant. This has turned out to be a bad purchasing decision. I ve never had so much trouble in my life with a phone. Thanks for responding.
    09-03-2017 05:21 PM
    Also, it is Lollipop. Im sorry im so ignorant. This has turned out to be a bad purchasing decision. I ve never had so much trouble in my life with a phone. Thanks for responding.
    I would check that the sd card is not damaged before trying other solutions
    09-03-2017 06:29 PM
    The songs are on the sd card under data and so are the pics.
    You need to move the music to a folder named Music and photos to a folder named DCIM. Then open your music app and see if it finds the songs. Same with your photos. There are certain folder names those apps look for.
    09-03-2017 06:34 PM
    09-03-2017 06:52 PM
    Thank you so much for your DCIM responce. It helped me immediately. I am very grateful. The songs I will have to figure out. Thank you again. The photos are back to normal though. Very happy.
    09-03-2017 06:52 PM
    Very happy.
    09-03-2017 07:29 PM
    Hello. Yesterday you helped me with the DCIM issue. I don't know if I should post this or ask you directly. I am not too familiar with forums. After solving the photo problem I still can't figure out the song situation. The songs are individually displaying on the sd card and I cannot figure out how to get them into a music file so the player can recognize and read off sd card. I have a stock mp3 player and google play music and google play music only recognizes the songs when theyre in the player. The SD card thing is very difficult. I cannot figure out how to move the songs into the appropriate folder. Sorry to keep bothering you...
    09-04-2017 08:01 AM
    You're using the forum fine.

As for the music, install media.Re.Scan and run it, and see if that helps. Or just restart the phone (which does a media rescan).

Also check the player - some players only recognize songs in their own folder, but some, in their Settings, can be set to look somewhere else. (There's no "stock .mp3 player - each phone manufacturer uses the one they prefer. The "default" app on my phone is called "Music", and it finds files in the SD card in the /mp3/Music folder. [Or, rather, the media scanner finds them - the app plays any music files that the media scanner - by restarting or by running media.Re.Scan - finds.])
    09-04-2017 01:25 PM
    Ill try that thank you....I've never heard of that. I kind of think the songs we applied incorrectly to the phone as they are all listed individually in there with the music players purple music symbol on each song. As opposed to being put in a file. I can't figure out how to get them in a file. I will try what you said. Thank you alot.....
    09-04-2017 01:51 PM
    As opposed to being put in a folder, you mean. About the only way to put files (songs are files) in a file would be a .rar or .zip file - and you can't play them until you take them out of those.

You put files into a folder using a file manager - just copy/paste/delete. (You could use move - but if that blows up in the middle, you might lose the file completely, so take the extra few seconds.)

The reason for all this is that if there were no media scan, every time you opened a media app - music player, photo viewer, video viewer, the app would have to scan the entire phone to look for files to run. this way, the media scanner builds a database of all files it finds, and each app just looks in the database. So your music player asks the database for music files and gets that list a lot faster than scanning the whole phone would take.
    badcat likes this.
    09-04-2017 03:00 PM