Device: Huawei P9 64GB/4GB
    Network Enviornment: Wifi and 4G LTE. Both with VPN.
    What happened: I tried to download two games from play store. One of them is HITMAN: SNIPE (499MB), the other i s COVER FIRE (349MB).Same problems happened to both downloads: the progress shown in notifocation bar was slightly faster than the one in play store. When the notofication progress reached 100%, the one in play store was 96%. The download stoppef and a error message popped in play store telling me that the it was unable to finish the download.
    I am able to download small apps and games from play store. I downloaded a game which was inbetween 100 to 200MB. And I just downloaded ANDROID CENTRAL. I still have over 20GB free in the internal memory so I dont think it is caused by insufficient space. Does anyobe know how to fix it. Please help.

P.S. I encountered the 'stuck in downloading and wont start' problem like many did. I was able to solve it by rebooting the device. But I doesnt cure the problem once for all. I have to reboot every time it happens.
    09-03-2017 11:16 PM
    The difference in percentages is due to the fact that the server (Google's Play server, in this case) is reporting the percentage it sent out, while the phone is reporting the percentage of the expected file size it's received. Using a VPN just makes the difference worse. But it's usually in the other direction - the server reports that it's sent more than your phone reports that it's received.

As far as why large apps won't download properly, I won't even try to guess - there are too many possibilities. You need someone there to look at the .apk file that was downloaded to see if anything is missing. If there is, you might need to find a different source of the same .apk file, download it to a computer, copy it to the phone, then run it to install the game.
    09-04-2017 02:02 PM
    The difference in percentages is due to the fact that the server (Google's Play server, in this case) is reporting the percentage it sent out, while the phone is reporting the percentage of the expected file size it's received. Using a VPN just makes the difference worse. But it's usually in the other direction - the server reports that it's sent more than your phone reports that it's received.

As far as why large apps won't download properly, I won't even try to guess - there are too many possibilities. You need someone there to look at the .apk file that was downloaded to see if anything is missing. If there is, you might need to find a different source of the same .apk file, download it to a computer, copy it to the phone, then run it to install the game.
    Thanks Rukbat. I will try other ways to get beyond the Great Wall in China. Do you know any clean site to download apk files? I always feel inscecure to download apk file from unofficial channel.
    09-04-2017 07:23 PM
    Other than the Play Store, I believe the only other trusted one (as far as I know, there's only one) is https://www.apkmirror.com/ Maybe someone will jump in to tell me that I'm wrong and give you a link to the right one.
    09-05-2017 01:27 PM