How to fix a phone that restars when turning off Bluetooth?

Adrian Abaja

Dec 19, 2016
Visit site
My friend's phone suddenly restarts itself when turning off its Bluetooth. I tried cleaeing the cache and resetting the wireless settings. Any ideas how to fix?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Ok, so at least the phone doesn't shut down when you turn off Bluetooth, right?

Go to Settings>Location and tap Menu>Scanning. Is Bluetooth Scanning turned on?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I looked at an image of your phone -- it looks like it has capacitative buttons at the bottom. Is the left button a Menu button or a Recent apps button?

CM-FLARE-J1-2.jpg

Adrian Abaja

Dec 19, 2016
Visit site
The actual phone has off screen button, but at the settings it looks the same. The button on the right you mean is the recent apps button. Also the phone is called the Cherry Mobile J1s. Forgot to put the S.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Oh, I see. The J1s has a different button setup, with the Back button on the left and the Recent Apps button on the right.

Go to Settings>Bluetooth, then tap the menu button at the upper right. Is there an option for Advanced or Scanning there?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! This would suggest that some app you installed is causing instability, and forcing a shutoff for some reason when you turn off Bluetooth. Unfortunately, unless you have some idea of which app might be the problem, you'd have to uninstall apps one by one until the problem goes away.

Adrian Abaja

Dec 19, 2016
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! This would suggest that some app you installed is causing instability, and forcing a shutoff for some reason when you turn off Bluetooth. Unfortunately, unless you have some idea of which app might be the problem, you'd have to uninstall apps one by one until the problem goes away.
it still restarts even on safe mode...but the phone is actually fixed now...i dont know my iend did it but his bluetooth turned off now

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Welcome to Android Central! You're jumping onto a thread that's 9 months old, and all you replied was "Yes." It's hard to know if you're having the exact same issue with the exact same phone as the OP, or if you might have a different situation. Please give us more details, thanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463