Bluetooth taking up battery life overnight

fthis f

Jul 9, 2017
Visit site
Sometimes I get 2% battery loss on my C5pro 2600mah battery but sometimes randomly I will lose more. I've narrowed it down to a few things like that mediaserver sometimes running in the background. Sometimes it's an app I'll forget to close (farmstory), but other times there are random things that end up on the top of the running apps list according to gsam.

Lately, the only unusual thing is the following :

system (com.bluetooth.android)

I'm wondering what this might be, if it's the stock bluetooth app? I don't use bluetooth that often and I always close it. This particular day I used it for 60 mins to stream music to a bluetooth reciever (12 hours earlier) and turned it off, so I don't know how this would still be running in the background.

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
There isn't an app for bluetooth, per se. Bluetooth is a hardware radio and there's a system service that controls it. What you're seeing is likely the service. If you leave the radio on, it'll be constantly "listening" for a previously-paired device to reach out when it turns on and say "I'm here, are you? Good, we'll connect". This will always use SOME power and if nothing else is using much it'll probably appear near the top.

What do you mean by the statement that you always "close" Bluetooth? Do you leave the radio on or do you turn it off? I leave it turned on on both my phone and tablet.

fthis f

Jul 9, 2017
Visit site
Thanks. I always turn it off, an old habit of mine from the days these things used to take up much of the smaller batteries on older phones.

I don't know why this application or process shows up among the top apps taking up battery life. The more confusing thing is it seems to show up randomly as well as with the mediaserver thing ever after I've closed all apps.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol