After new update battery is draining quickly. Goes from 100% charge plugged in to 98% when unplugging then quickly down to 80%. Have cleared cache and rebooted phone. No change. What can I do to fix this?
    09-06-2017 08:41 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! Which phone?
    09-06-2017 10:09 AM
    Is it an aftermarket battery? When I had my HTC One M7 and upgraded the size of the battery it did that.
    09-06-2017 12:30 PM
    Same, that's actually why I'm here. My messaging app no longer works, but most importantly my phone drains FAST. We're talking from 100% to 2% in 2 hours, while it's literally not doing anything. It's in my pocket. Nobody's messaging, no new apps have been installed since yesterday's update, literally the only difference is the update itself.
    And no, no new hardware.

The phone is an LG Aristo, running Android 7.0, kernel vc. 3.18.31
    09-29-2017 05:28 PM
    ^ Time for a Backuo & Reset, perhaps?
    09-29-2017 06:08 PM
    @belodion I'm trying really hard not to do that, it's such a pain in the patootie. Plus, who likes starting over from scratch? I like to just KEEP GOING! (I realize that attitude actually dates me a bit but heck that's how things are supposed to work. Make the crap last already, for real!)

Anyway, speaking objectively, the fact that a software update can do that is NOT ok. I came back to add how my phone is suddenly s-l-o-o-o-ow--a-s--m-o-o-o-l-a-a-a-a-s-s-e-s for no obvious reason except the dagblasted update. I reiterate:

Nothing changed, except I got a new update on the basic OS.
    That's messed up.
    09-29-2017 06:30 PM
    (Also, this site is messed up, I tried updating my post but it wouldn't let me, throwing all kinds of errors)

Anyway, did I mention my phone is suddenly, noticeably slow to charge back up? I mean come on, really? That meas something is "draining" the battery so hard the charger can barely keep up, but the phone's system tells me nothing is using more than 1 or 2% of the charge. (except the screen, which uses the expected 6%)
    09-29-2017 06:35 PM
    (Also, this site is messed up, I tried updating my post but it wouldn't let me, throwing all kinds of errors)

Anyway, did I mention my phone is suddenly, noticeably slow to charge back up? I mean come on, really? That meas something is "draining" the battery so hard the charger can barely keep up, but the phone's system tells me nothing is using more than 1 or 2% of the charge. (except the screen, which uses the expected 6%)
    Well, you'd have to look at what is eating the battery via battery stats on the phone, or GSAM
    09-29-2017 08:21 PM
    (sorry it took so long to come back, I don't get the use of the computer very often, between work and the fact that mine's dead as a doornail and I have to use my boyfriend's)

...I think I'd already mentioned that, it's literally the last sentence of my post? Unless I'm misunderstanding you, which is evntirely possible as I don't speak Android. What I mean, do you know of a different/better way to sort that out than Setting->Battery->Battery Usage?
    10-21-2017 08:45 AM
    (sorry it took so long to come back, I don't get the use of the computer very often, between work and the fact that mine's dead as a doornail and I have to use my boyfriend's)

...I think I'd already mentioned that, it's literally the last sentence of my post? Unless I'm misunderstanding you, which is evntirely possible as I don't speak Android. What I mean, do you know of a different/better way to sort that out than Setting->Battery->Battery Usage?
    10-21-2017 08:45 AM