How do I change the clock format on the lock screen of Galaxy S5 Neo?

Cami L

Sep 6, 2017
Visit site
I have a Galaxy S5 Neo that had an update this past weekend (possibly nougat update but I am unsure if that is the correct name). Since then, the clock on the lock screen displays in a stacked format without the colon. I hate it.

Looks like this

It is 3 oclock in the afternoon, the "0" in front of the 3 suggests it's a 24 hour clock like oh-three-hundred in the morning. I want to change the format of this clock so that it reads 3:22, with the time all on one line, like a normal digital clock display.

I have tried downloading a dozen different themes, none have successfully changed the lock screen clock format. I cannot find anywhere in settings to change the lock screen clock format. Can anyone suggest any solution?

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
That's the way all the new Samsung devices are showing the time. As far as I know, you can't revert back. But there should be a way to display the 12 hour format (without the cero).

pamarakos

Nov 25, 2013
Visit site
Thanks, I have found a theme (Midnight Blue - Prapas Chantavali) that changes the clock style on the lock screen back to a normal clock.

But when you change the lockscreen bacground wallpaper it reverts back to stock white stacked vertical one, right? And this is happening after two last updates, not with the initial stock firmware...why do they have to f*** everything?

anon(10326267)

Sep 26, 2017
Visit site
Thanks, I have found a theme (Midnight Blue - Prapas Chantavali) that changes the clock style on the lock screen back to a normal clock.

I can't thank you enough! I had already tried a few themes and all of them still show the ridiculous stacked clock! I don't even care what the icons look like I just want to be able to look at the time and actually know what time it is quickly LOL I love all the other changes so far with the latest update but this was a huge miss! I have spent about 45 minutes trying to fix this so I can see the time again and I'm very annoyed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz