Any chance Verizon or other US carrier will offer the Galaxy Note 8 phone with 256 gigs of storage.

david tooley

Sep 6, 2017
Visit site
Some Samsung Galaxy Note 8 phone promo's cite a choice of 64, 128 or 256 gigs of internal storage. All US carries I've looked at for preorder only offer the 64 gig version. Is there any possibility the larger internal storage will be launched in by a US carrier in the future, or is it possible to buy a 256 internal device outside the US and sign up for service here? Thanks

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Officially not in the USA, but apparently you can in Korea. As it is now and from experience from previous Note and Galaxy S devices, I don't think there's a chance we'll see more than 64GB in the US.

L0n3N1nja

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
Probably won't come to America, most Americans buy the smallest storage size, and many of Samsungs phones have had larger storage options internationally than state side in the past.

You should be able to find an international one online, usually pay a little more to get it, but you can. International phones usually work on T-mobile, possibly AT&T, but won't on Verizon or Sprint. Downside is you usually get no warranty, and need to manually download and flash your software updates as they won't come from your carrier.

david tooley

Sep 6, 2017
Visit site
Thanks for your views.I'm a long time Note user, with maxumum external storage. Had opposing technical statements this week, #1 saying external SD's can run all non system apps and data seemlessly (a simple way to transfer everything to a new device and run things seemlessly & permanently from there), and #2 stating the native internal memory is far superior, less likely to crash/loss data, and faster per Apple experience.Thoughts?

Am also thinking of moving my next Note 8 to Xfinity Mobile from Verizon - equal service, flexible data plans for other phones on my account, and special access to Xfinity's locked mobile hot spots.

No decisions yet, so I'd value any thoughts. Cheers

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance