I do not like this update. I want it off phone. My phone runs sooo slow that none of my games or apps t like AccuWeather will open. Help Oreo is terrible
    Celtic_savage and Vylet22 like this.
    09-07-2017 10:09 PM
    I suggest a factory reset.

You can't uninstall an update, the only way is to reflash an older version of the OS. Which will require you to do a factory reset anyway. A factory reset does not remove updates.

So I suggest do a factory reset. Then check performance if fixed, since major updates can cause performance glitches unless reset. If already reset and still with issues proceed to manual flashing.
    hallux likes this.
    09-07-2017 11:09 PM
    Chanchan is correct. Apart from Advanced knowledge of flashing an OS, there's not really anything you can do. Hopefully the apps will update to work with Oreo soon.
    09-08-2017 02:46 AM
    At my local Best Buy, Samsung has a kiosk and I have had one of their reps reflash phones for me in the past. Not sure what phone you have but if it's a Samsung, this might be an option for you.
    09-08-2017 11:07 AM
    Not sure what phone you have but if it's a Samsung,
    99.9% it's not a Samsung. Only Pixel and Nexus devices have received the OTA update at this point.

I'm on board with the suggestions by @chanchan A re-flash to an older version will essentially result in a factory reset, so might as well do one and see if it improves anything before going to the extreme of trying to re-flash the OS.
    aximtreo likes this.
    09-08-2017 04:33 PM
    I absolutely hate the oreo update! My battery is draining so fast & I'm having nothing but problem after problem with my phone since the update! I've uninstalled 60% of my apps which I shouldn't have had to even do! Also I hardly use any apps to begin with! I dont let any apps run in the background & i havent installed any new apps or downloaded or even been on any browser to search anything till now, or checked my email, or anything that could've given me malware or a virus & i did bring my phone to my carriers store & they checked out my phone & they even said there's nothing wrong with my phone at all it's the oreo update! I have only used 16.2 out of 64 of my storage so this is ridiculous! My battery life since this update is terrible!
    Vylet22 likes this.
    03-29-2018 09:46 AM
    If you do a factory reset wont you lose everything in your phone?
    03-29-2018 09:47 AM
    Oh wow this is a really old conversation lmao! I have a galaxy S8plus & I live in the USA so I just got the oreo update a few days ago guess I'm way behind all of you guys haha!
    03-29-2018 09:49 AM
    The whole purpose of a factory reset is to "lose everything in your phone".

Give the phone a week. If it's still draining battery fast, start in recovery (turn the phone off - hold Bixby and Volume Up, then press the power button - once the phone turns on, release the power button - when you see the blue screen, release the volume and Bixby buttons) and clear cache (only clear cache, don't wipe the system). Then restart and see if it gets better. I've been running 8.1 (updated from 8.0) on my Pixel 2 for a few months now, and the battery life is about normal. It's not Oreo that's doing it. (It could be updating apps, it could be updating system files, it could be a lot of things, that's why I said to give it a week.)

Uninstalling apps won't affect battery life - they don't use battery unless they're running. Just "being" doesn't use any.
    03-29-2018 01:56 PM
    I hate this update. Now I cant use my talk to text and have to have phone on full brightness
    04-18-2018 10:40 PM
    Saw in a Google News "Bubble" that supposedly the O-8 is heading West across Canada & is expected to have brought everyone from N to the O by this summer :/ Not sure how accurate that is...
    Now that I have this Smart Switch Backup (which is how I learned about this place) am worried about my A5 (2017) being automatically updated. Can we really "downgrade" from a System upgrade? Having seen all the tame icons & just the way Oreo is laid out... As it is I am still waiting for my April Security Upgrade & wondering if I let something slip past my defences recently.
    Has anyone seen/heard of a phone going BACKWARDS on the Security Patches? Am already sure something has happened to downgrade me overnight from 7.1 to just 7-N...but my Security (Samsung Experience Version) is now sitting at 8.0 It was 8.1.1 just a few weeks ago...
    04-18-2018 11:37 PM
    I absolutely hate the oreo update! My battery is draining so fast & I'm having nothing but problem after problem with my phone since the update! I've uninstalled 60% of my apps which I shouldn't have had to even do! Also I hardly use any apps to begin with! I dont let any apps run in the background & i havent installed any new apps or downloaded or even been on any browser to search anything till now, or checked my email, or anything that could've given me malware or a virus & i did bring my phone to my carriers store & they checked out my phone & they even said there's nothing wrong with my phone at all it's the oreo update! I have only used 16.2 out of 64 of my storage so this is ridiculous! My battery life since this update is terrible!
    Update ducks. Phone is much, much slower. Battery life is definitely less. Numerous issues with SIM card being invalid and/or unrecognized. I have changed nothing nor added anything different since this update. Samsung, fix this!
    04-22-2018 07:27 AM
    I want uninstall Oreo update?
    05-06-2018 06:02 PM
    I just updated my Samsung Note 8, Verizon cellphone. The update is causing pop ups galore; even though I have a security program set up on my device and blocked pop ups through the phone's menu. My battery is draining, especially when the phone is not being used. Charging the battery has taken twice as long for the battery to charge to 100% capacity. This is HORRIBLE. What is this update doing to the battery? Will it blow up, like the previous Note version? Can anyone suggest anything to correct these issues?
    05-19-2018 04:05 AM
    Welcome @Rosie5037

What kinds of pop-ups? It sounds like you have a recently-installed app that's misbehaving. The OS itself will not cause pop-ups like that, and those are likely the cause of your battery drain and slow charging.
    05-19-2018 07:06 AM
    My S7 updated to Oreo abt 4 days ago and everything sucks. They took away custom text alerts but worse than anything is the battery life- won't last 2 hours now without plugging it in. I have changed NOTHING. Only new thing I did is allow this horrible update.
    07-02-2018 09:37 PM
    Vylet22, do a cache clear from recovery. (Power off the phone. Press and hold Volume Up, Home and Power buttons at the same time. Release the buttons when the Recovery Mode options are loaded on your phone’s screen.) Only clear the cache, don't clear user data!

As for per-user notifications for texts, try SMS Popup.

(And give the phone about a week after clearing the cache, to stabilize. It may still be downloading updates to apps that the version you have won't run on Oreo.)
    07-03-2018 04:26 PM
    Has anyone had issues like this after updating???

I updated last night and now my sound is pooched. Sounds distorted.

Also, it just keeps randomly turning on and opening the camera and it takes hundreds of pictures in burst.

When I am on the phone, the volume keeps lowering to the point I cannot hear.

Also, the volume notification bard just sits at the top of my screen and I cannot turn my phone off! URGH
    09-13-2018 08:22 PM
    Bring the phone into your carrier's store and ask if they can please reflash the update for you. It sounds as if something went wrong. Neither Oreo nor Pie should be doing any of that.
    09-14-2018 02:14 PM
    My mobile update remove orio
    10-17-2018 06:32 AM
    My mobile update remove orio
    What mobile device? Have you read the previous replies in this thread where we tried to help folks overcome concerns they had with the update? Not all manufacturers make it easy to revert the OS, and once you do it may update again anyway.
    10-17-2018 06:36 AM