Eror message when using Gboard and gif and bitmoji

Joanndoc

Sep 9, 2017
Visit site
Just noticed on my Gboard that I now have access to use bitmoji and gif with texting but it isn't working. I keep getting an error that says this text field does not support image insertion from keyboard. I have s8

ManiacJoe

Trusted Member
Aug 5, 2015
Visit site
Which messaging app are you using?

Emojis and gifs often require the message be converted from SMS to MMS. MMS any need to be separately turn on for your app/phone/account.

Bryan Nielsen

Sep 14, 2017
Visit site
I have exact same problem with Samsung J3. When you use the bitmoji app, one can pick moji then messages and converts mms allowing you to address/send. But when picking a bitmoji from GBoard, you immediately get the "text field doesn't support image insertion" error. Noting; bitmoji images display ok in gboard, allowing selection of a bitmoji, so GBoard/bitmoji apps interacting ok at some level. Which seems to imply a missing "convert to mms" step upon selection. This convert to mms process happens when doing the process; "bitmoji app, select moji, send to messages app"

Last edited:

Rknee46

Apr 14, 2013
Visit site
Just noticed on my Gboard that I now have access to use bitmoji and gif with texting but it isn't working. I keep getting an error that says this text field does not support image insertion from keyboard. I have s8

Go to the Play Store and get the Google "Messages" app, it will work then. I had the same issue.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non