Iphone 7 plus to Note 8

Snister1

Sep 10, 2017
Visit site
Been an iphone girl for like forever.. went to my carrier's store and the minute I held the Note I knew we were a match made in heaven.

Question(s)- transferring date from an iphone 7 plus to Note thats doable I hope.. any specific app I should use?

Ok lastly is there any app that I should be adding for my Note? Is there anything I need to be aware of that I might not have noticed or done with an Iphone? Getting it on Monday and I can't wait!!!!

Deb in Phoenix

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Hi Deb! I'm sure you'll love your Note! Like B.Diddy said, the best option to move your data from the iPhone will be SmartSwitch (it comes with your new phone); just follow the instructions there and you're set.

HOWEVER remember that this doesn't move apps or app data and it can't back up iMessage conversations, just SMS/MMS.

As for apps, while the phone ships with Samsung Notes and that's good enough for most things (most of us long-time Note users preferred the older, more feature-rich S-Notes, but that's been discontinued), I would find the one that works best for you. OneNote is very nice if you're a Windows user since it syncs everything back to your computer. Evernote is a long-time fan favorite, but I find it too bare-bones.

For your artistic side, Adobe's SketchBook is a pretty nice addition, too. Photoshop is obviously a nice tool to have, but if you want something more 'automatic' and without the price tag, I'd go for the stock Image editor and Snapseed.

You'll want an 'Office-like' suite, and for small screens I believe the MS version is free, but there are also other free and paid options out there, so pick your favorite if you already have one.

Some iPhone apps you might use now might not be available for Android, so for those, feel free to let us know and we'll let you know if there's an appropriate alternative.

The one you're gonna miss and it's not on Android? iMessage.

Also, when switching, don't forget to turn off your iMessage account or you might run into messaging issues (since Apple would still have your number registered as an iMessage one but it won't be anymore).