Stylo 3 plus wont connect to tv with hdmi/slimport cable

Tproph

Sep 11, 2017
Visit site
Does anyone know why i can't connect my lg stylo 3 plus with a hdmi cable to my tv? I dont have wifi so i cant resort to chromecast or anything like that. I have bought 3 diferent cables and pin types. I had a note 3 that connected with no problem... Please help😭

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Unfortunately that's not an option with the Stylo as it doesn't support MHL/HDMI output. Your Note 3 did support it, which is why a cable would have worked with the right pinout.

Your only option is to get a Miracast adapter that supports WiFi-Direct connections (direct connection from the device to your phone without a WiFi network/router). I believe (I might be wrong) Rokus do support this, but not Chromecast. There are other Miracast-specific dongles online that do, however.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
It does, but some adapters allow you to create a direct WiFi connection to your phone. No router or 'internet' WiFi required. It's still using WiFi, but it's doing so directly between phone and adapter (ad-hoc network, in PC terms).

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I've never used any, but you could look at the specifications for either 'WiFi-Direct' or 'ad-hoc' or 'No Router needed'. There's also a Microsoft Miracast dongle, I believe, that doesn't need a router, but I can't remember the name. It was to allow Windows computers to 'cast' the monitor to TVs.

If you buy through Amazon you can just post a question and I'm sure either the seller or owners can confirm.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12