Getting phone to pause music with headphones on?

FLETCHERSON84

Sep 11, 2017
Visit site
Okay, so I'm a janitor and I'm allowed to wear headphones while working. Now, my issue is how do I set up my phone to pause and play a ringtone to notify, as I'm listening to music?
See, right now it seems like it pause for a second, but I need to be able to have a ringtone play, so I know when I get a text from my boss. This is so I can cont to listen to music, but won't need to carry a walkie around. Also, because I use a vac a lot at work...it's too loud to hear the walkie, so having my headphones on will help me alert if I get text too. Also, is there way for it to play the alert a few times before going back to music? Much thanks! I don't know if it matters, but I have Android Marsh mellow.

Chris5483

Mar 14, 2017
Visit site
Hi, your phone should automatically pause the music or lower the volume when a notification comes in. All 4 of mine have. Now, as far as playing an alert a few times, you could download a longer notification from the app Zedge. For example, the iphone ringtone would notify you for 13 seconds when a text comes in. That might be a little annoying, but you could find one that notifies for 5 seconds or so.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
If the notification is really short, it may be over by the time the music pauses. Find a notification tone that's a bit longer - 3 or 4 bells maybe. That should help. You can find a lot of them at ZEDGE. Just listen to one that sounds like it might be right, and when you find one, download it. Put it into your Notifications folder (with your file manager app).

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheOzarks