Stopping texts with Do Not Disturb

Craddock01

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
I have Do Not Disturb configured on my Galaxy S7. I have it customized to allow repeat calls and calls from my favorites list. I have the start time and end times set & have messages set from NONE.I would think having NONE set for messages, texts would not/should not come through but they do. I received a spam text early this morning (3:31am). Why did Do Not Disturb not block this (& other) texts when I have it configured from NONE?

Last edited:

Craddock01

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
The only options I have available for messages are All, Contacts only, Favorite Contacts only & None. I don't want texts from anyone during the time I have set. Something isn't right. This isn't an inverse rule where All means I'm blocking all? That wouldn't make sense because then I would have the option of blocking contacts only or favorite contacts only. I even tried turning the DND off and then reconfiguring (sort of like resetting it) & that didn't work. There has to be an answer somewhere.

ManiacJoe

Trusted Member
Aug 5, 2015
Visit site
We may need clarify some expected behavior.

Someone please correct me if I am wrong, but my understanding of DND is that it is suppressing only the notification/sound system. All text messages will still be delivered to the phone, just silently. All calls come to the phone, just get sent to voicemail with no ringing.

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
Do Not Disturb is just a fancy mode for silence.

The difference is, on Silent mode, you still see notifications like the notification popup,LED lights, vibration, etc. On Do Not Disturb, you don't see the notifications, but the message still comes in.

Craddock01

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Do Not Disturb is just a fancy mode for silence.

This is EXACTLY how I interpret it but with my phone configured as stated the text SOUND ALERT still came through. I expect to see any notifications when I awaken and look at the phone, I just don't want to be awakened by the audio notification. Why will mine not work as designed?

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
Well I just tested on my S7E using my tablet (it has a sim and can send sms), and yes setting it to none kills the alerts.

There's a glitch in the matrix somewhere. Try to clear cache

Steph T

Feb 13, 2018
Visit site
I'm having the exact same problem with the Galaxy Note 8. Mine is set to allow texts from Favorites only-5 people. However, all notifications from all apps and texts are coming through. I believe it worked at one time, so may have been messed up during any update. Has your issue been fixed? Thanks!

I have Do Not Disturb configured on my Galaxy S7. I have it customized to allow repeat calls and calls from my favorites list. I have the start time and end times set & have messages set from NONE.I would think having NONE set for messages, texts would not/should not come through but they do. I received a spam text early this morning (3:31am). Why did Do Not Disturb not block this (& other) texts when I have it configured from NONE?

thebonzaii

Apr 3, 2018
Visit site
I have same settings and do get text message sound. Did you change default messaging app? I have had it set to the Truecaller one, I have now changed it to android default messaging app and it seems to be working fine.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FarajWala800