Not sure where to post this, but I'm looking for info, suggestions, and help with possibly using my soon to be unlocked AT&T S7E, while on vacation. I'll be taking a trip to Western Europe, and wanted to know about carriers and plans to look for/into. I might do a cruise too, or in place of one stop, so I would like to know if there are any that allow for use in different countries, or would I have to get a SIM in each country? Could I order them before I get there and just activate them when I get over there?

Would it be cheaper or easier to just setup a plan with AT&T? The trip will be about 2 or 3 weeks in total, so I don't know that if want to chance all those international charges while on this trip.

Any help and info is appreciated!
    09-13-2017 06:29 AM
    Using AT&T in Europe is usually the most expensive way (although you keep your US phone number).

Otherwise, wait until you get there, go to a mobile phone store (they don't call them cellphones in Europe) and see what's available for what price. There should be one that will work over the entire EU and some hat will only work in certain countries. You'll have to balance your planned usage against the prices of the various cards. (They're usually cheaper if you buy them there than if you buy them here.)
    Serkle K likes this.
    09-13-2017 01:58 PM
    Thank you both I will be looking into those to gestion and I will also check out that carriers Internatonal forum much appreciated
    09-13-2017 05:45 PM
    As sfoLAX said rules have changed recently and some carriers offer free roaming with pre-paid cards. They are usually quite cheap, just make sure that they offer free roaming for data and not only for calls, they can even have a limit on how much data can be used on roaming. Vodafone, Movistar or O2 would be my first choices as well.
    Serkle K likes this.
    09-14-2017 01:10 PM