Tried to use the program to recover old texts, everything worked alright until I was done.

Now every time I reboot my phone it says Unlocked with the padlock picture on startup. My fingerprint scanner quit working as soon as I did this. Top of my screen has a weird icon, kind of like a cloud with a blade or something on the top and bottom of it. Also has a new network symbol that appears, looks like "Vol)".

I deleted everything on the phone associated with Dr. fone, factory reset the phone, tried reinstalling the original firmware which won't work. I tried using some app called Titanium Backup and it says my phone isn't rooted.

Any ideas? Nothing I've found online has fixed this yet. At the very least I'm hoping to get the fingerprint scanner working, but also the random new icons make me suspicious.
    09-13-2017 12:42 PM
    To recover deleted files, the phone had to be rooted by Dr, Phone. That could have left some residual files that make some apps think that the phone is still rooted. the only way to truly remove any traces of rooting is to reflash the stock ROM, but you have to back everything up first (see Backing up an Android Device) because the stock ROM doesn't come with your pictures, music, etc.

Since it's a Samsung, though, flashing a stock ROM is trivial - see [Samsung] How to flash Stock ROM via ODIN. You may die of boredom, but I've flashed a few hundred Samsung phones and never had a problem (as long as there was something else to do while it rebuilt the Dalvik cache).
    09-13-2017 01:54 PM