Samsung Galaxy J7 2016
    Hello everyone,

I woke up and took a glance at my phone this morning only to see a mandatory reboot of some sort.. I wasn't paying too much attention and just began the reboot process. It was my fault for not paying attention because I am so confused as to what is happening... I think all of my data is being erased.

It's taking me through steps I have never had to take for a reboot before. Asking me first the language, for the WiFi, and then to connect to a Google account. I could barely type because the typing settings were all messed up. I had to (for each letter) hold down the key and then double tap. I couldn't access my Google account password and I can't receive text messages for verification. It's all quite a mess for me since I have no idea what's going on... I am clearly not android savvy so I apologize for my ignorance.

Can anyone ease my confusion here? I've just never had anything like this before pop up. This phone constantly gives me headaches. I have to wait 24 hours to even log into the Google account now because I had to change my password. I can't do anything now since I cannot get past the Google process.

Is this the Nougat update I'm getting? Again, sorry for my ignorance.
    09-17-2017 03:14 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! It sounds like it went through a full factory reset, which shouldn't happen on its own unless there's some catastrophic glitch. Are you saying there was some message telling you to reset the phone? Can you remember exactly what it said?

The double tapping sounds like it might be due to TalkBack -- make sure that's turned off. https://support.google.com/accessibi..._topic=3529932

I doubt it's the Nougat update -- that wouldn't have forced a full factory reset. If you can get to the Settings>About Phone menu, you can see what Android version the phone is on.
    09-17-2017 11:15 PM
    One other possibility is a virus or other malware. In which case, a full backup (but not of the apps - just list them on paper, so you can install them online again), then reflashing the ROM, may be needed.
    09-18-2017 04:42 PM