Cops tracking my phone

riddickJ

Sep 17, 2017
Visit site
I went to prison for two years. I know the police dissected every inch of my phone. I am concerned now that they installed something in my phone to tract or trace my phone, etc. etc. It is not hooked up through a subscriber. I only use it on Wi Fi for now. Am I being paranoid or do I have legitimate concerns? The phone is an LG G4

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
No one can be sure if anything may or may not have been installed on that phone. You can always go into recovery mode and erase everything so that phone reverts to the way it was when you opened the box.

If you have anything you want to save, you may want to transfer it to an SD card if the phone allows one to be installed or copy things to your computer.

Good luck in your new life.

jjinal

Apr 13, 2017
Visit site
I went to prison for two years. I know the police dissected every inch of my phone. I am concerned now that they installed something in my phone to tract or trace my phone, etc. etc. It is not hooked up through a subscriber. I only use it on Wi Fi for now. Am I being paranoid or do I have legitimate concerns? The phone is an LG G4
Smash it with a hammer and get a new phone.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Reflash the ROM (or have someone do it for you). That would eliminate anything they installed to the phone. (Just look for little sticker on the back or, if the back cover comes off, on the inside of the cover - they can make GPS trackers pretty small these days. If you find one, remove it and stick it to the inside of the fender of some stranger's car.)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae