Moto x (2nd Gen) Home & recent buttons not working; Can't receive calls

Anthony M2

Sep 18, 2017
Visit site
Hello,

I have a Moto X 2nd Generation. Recently, the phone has been glitching pretty badly.

I can see my virtual Back, Home and Recent buttons but only my Back button works. I still get the haptic feedback when pressing the Home and Recent buttons but nothing happens when I press them.

In addition to this, I can not receive incoming calls (I do receive texts and can call people) and my Notification bar and shader is inactive. I can pull down to view the time and date but nothing more.

Also, Google play is stuck on Download Pending for all updates and for installing any new apps. And the phone is not letting me access the developer options.

I have read this and many other forums. I've tried to wipe the cache partition, i've wiped the cache and cleared data for google play store and force stopped it, I am unable to access the file explorer when I plug it into a computer, i've tried rebooting in safe mode. Are there any other suggestions without factory resetting? Thanks in advance!

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Hello Anthony! Welcome to the forums. This sounds very similar to a bug that affected a few different phones. First try switching to guest user and back to owner in settings - users and see if the notification shade works.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
djaa7