I sync my much lover Galaxy Note 4 phone with google sync and it otherwise works fine. BUT... When I edit a contact's note field via my computer the notes now appear TWICE on my Android phone contacts. If I attempt to remove the unwanted part of the now corrupted note (by getting into the edit mode within the phone) the 'bad' info is no longer there to edit. But when I get back out of edit the unwanted info is still there, so there isn't even a way to manually edit it. What a mess! Any thoughts on how to resolve this issue? My Note 4 has the latest updates.
    09-18-2017 05:44 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Could it be that the contacts are actually duplicated on your phone, and have been merged? For example, you might have entered the contact initially to the Device Account or Samsung Account, and then the contact you had in your Google Contacts synced over. Select the contact on your phone and tap Menu -- is there an option to Unmerge or Unjoin?
    09-19-2017 04:56 PM
    I dug into this a little more. Here is what is happening: I realize now that if I alter the 'notes' for a particular contact on my computer (which I often do for a variety of reasons) it will actually create a second 'notes' field to my contacts on the phone. Rather than replace or append the original 'notes' field there is now an additional one. So, I have my original 'notes' and a new 'notes' showing the new info or corrections that I just added. However, I just tried making yet another change to the same contact 'notes' (via the computer again) and I can see that it has appended correctly to the cell phone 'notes'. It actually appended to the NEWER (or second) 'notes' field. I can't begin to imagine why this is happening or how to address this. It makes my notes info very confusing and I have to think twice whenever I rely upon my notes not knowing which of the two is the most updated or accurate one.
    09-20-2017 05:11 PM
    Likely the computer is saving to a different format or it has read only access to the notes from Google
    09-20-2017 09:28 PM
    How are you editing the notes? Using Outlook, Google Contacts (on the web), or something else?
    09-21-2017 11:12 AM
    I am editing the contacts on Mac Contacts within the latest El Capitan OS. Syncing between Mac and Android has always been a headache. After trying a dozen other ways to do this I finally discovered that the Google Sync method proved to be the most reliable. Other than this 'notes' issue it has been great. I just resisted doing this initially because I did not want to get sucked even further into the world of Google... but here I am.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    09-21-2017 12:23 PM