My phone performance worsens when I charge it.

Blazeml111

Sep 18, 2017
Visit site
Whenever I put my phone on the charger, the performance lowers drastically. For example, I have a fps game (bullet force) that works perfectly fine when its not on the charger, but whenever I connect the charger, it skips frames every now and then and when i move, my character would move .5 second later (which can mean the difference between life and death in an fps game). It is also like this with everything else but it stands out more with that game. I have an Samsung Galaxy S6+ edge.

Chris5483

Mar 14, 2017
Visit site
That's normal. Your device is likely getting hot from charging and even hotter from a graphics intensive game. Your device is trying to not overheat, which BTW, can stress and ruin your battery.

Chris5483

Mar 14, 2017
Visit site
I'm by no means an expert on the subject, but I imagine you could damage the CPU or battery, which would ruin the phone. My old HTC One M9 used to get really hot when I would play even less intensive games. I wouldn't recommend doing it too often. Better safe than sorry!

Last edited:

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Depending on the phone, if you can remove the battery, get an external charger. When the one in the phone gets down to 40% (never allow a lithium battery go below that, unless you like buying new batteries), put yourself in some safe place (in the game) and switch batteries to a fully-charged one, and put the used one into the charger.

Or you can buy a power pack and run off that when you play. (A 20,000mAh power pack will last a lot longer than the battery in the phone.) Again, since power packs are lithium batteries, don't let the power pack get discharged below 40%. But plugging the power pack into a charger while you're using it probably won't affect the phone. (I've run like that for 3 weeks when I was in the hospital - and had no problems.)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20