Hi all,

I'm trying to transfer notes from my iPhone 7 to s8+. I used Samsung smart switch and all options like contacts app list messages calendar etc are available but the only one that is not available and greyed out is notes, which shows a padlock sign and it says: unlock memos to transfer them.

I don't have notes locked in iPhone so does anyone know how to overcome this?

Many thanks in advance.

Kind regards,

Andy
    09-21-2017 05:06 AM
    I know this is an old post but I had the same problem and couldn't find any solutions online so thought I'd post how I fixed it in case it helps someone else.

I was on an Iphone 5s on IOS 11 and had already done settings/general/reset/reset all settings to solve a different problem I had with encrypted backups stopping smart switch working at all. After this fix it was just notes that was greyed out as the OP found and even though I didn't have any locked notes something was still blocking smart switch.

I stumbled through the following which eventually worked. On the iphone I went to settings/notes/password, selecting the reset password option and inputting my normal apple password but when it asked for a new password I selected cancel, leaving it blank. Smart switch still didn't work for me initially until I did another reset settings (settings/general/reset/reset all settings) after which it worked no problems.
    03-09-2018 05:53 PM
    If a person was still having a problem could you upload all your notes to the cloud, Dropbox, etc., and then download to the new device?
    03-10-2018 01:14 AM