I can't seem to change my default navigation app to Waze. On the "default apps" menu in settings, it only gives me the option to change my default browser, calling app, messaging app, and home screen. I can't find navigation anywhere.
    09-21-2017 10:53 PM
    Go to settings>apps>look for Google Maps>defaults>clear default. Next time you are clicking an address, you will be asked what app you want to use. Set Waze as always.
    09-22-2017 12:12 AM
    Hi, when I go to settings>apps>Google Maps....

there is no option to click "defaults"

instead, there is an option to "set as default" But, when I click this option, "clear defaults" is greyed out. I can't click it
    09-22-2017 06:00 AM
    Hi, when I go to settings>apps>Google Maps....

there is no option to click "defaults"

instead, there is an option to "set as default" But, when I click this option, "clear defaults" is greyed out. I can't click it
    Ok try this. Go to settings>apps>default apps>set as default (beneath default app selection). This should give you a list of apps. Go to Waze, then under go to supported URLs, set it to via this app.
    09-22-2017 09:34 AM
    I set Waze to open "via this app", and i also went one step further an set Google Maps to "open in other apps

Navigation links still open in Google without asking
    09-22-2017 09:46 AM
    I actually called Samsung and they told me that it's not possible to change my default navigation app on my Galaxy s8. Very frustrating!
    09-22-2017 09:55 AM
    Try setting both to always ask. Even if it can't set default, at least it may give you choices.
    09-22-2017 10:20 AM
    I tried that too. It still doesn't ask despite it being set to ask. I called Samsung and they told me "it's not possible to change the default navigation app on the Galaxy s8"
    09-22-2017 10:35 AM
    Weird step backwards when it works on an S7E.
    09-22-2017 10:49 AM
    Agreed! If anyone is able to set a different default navigation app on their Galaxy S8, please let me know how.

p.s. I'm having the same issue when trying to use Google clocks instead of the Samsung clock
    09-22-2017 11:26 AM
    Agreed! If anyone is able to set a different default navigation app on their Galaxy S8, please let me know how.

p.s. I'm having the same issue when trying to use Google clocks instead of the Samsung clock
    Huh? Where do you even need to set defaults here? Just don't use the Samsung clock.
    09-22-2017 11:38 AM
    I was hoping to be able to say to Bixby "set my alarm for 8am", and have it set my Google clock app for the alarm time.

Although I'm just realizing that if I use Google assistant instead of Bixby, it does work
    09-22-2017 12:04 PM
    I was hoping to be able to say to Bixby "set my alarm for 8am", and have it set my Google clock app for the alarm time.

Although I'm just realizing that if I use Google assistant instead of Bixby, it does work
    Because Bixby=Samsung. Of course it wants you to use their app. Honestly though, unless they've updated it, I don't like how I don't get nicr full screen alarms when the Google Clock takes off.
    09-22-2017 12:12 PM
    Just remapped my Bixby button to trigger Google assistant. So problem solved on that one.

I like Google clocks alarms because they give you an option to have the sound gradually rise over 60 seconds, instead of full volume immediately.

Still no luck with Waze
    09-22-2017 12:37 PM
    Just remapped my Bixby button to trigger Google assistant. So problem solved on that one.

I like Google clocks alarms because they give you an option to have the sound gradually rise over 60 seconds, instead of full volume immediately.

Still no luck with Waze
    Samsung clocks have that option too on the S7. Just tap the alarm sound option. Timely can gradually get louder over 30min.
    09-22-2017 12:51 PM
    I must have missed that. good call!
    09-22-2017 12:56 PM
    Hi,

Just follow these steps:
    1. As per postings above, set Waze to "Always ask"
    2. De-activate Google Maps by clicking on it and selecting "disable"
    3. Click on Navigation link in Whatsapp
    4. Pop up will come to select between "Waze" and in my case "Chrome". Guess this depends on your installed apps.
    5. Select "Always" and Waze
    6. If you want re-enable Google Maps

From now onwards, Waze will be your default.
    11-17-2017 12:56 PM
    Hi,

Just follow these steps:
    1. As per postings above, set Waze to "Always ask"
    2. De-activate Google Maps by clicking on it and selecting "disable"
    3. Click on Navigation link in Whatsapp
    4. Pop up will come to select between "Waze" and in my case "Chrome". Guess this depends on your installed apps.
    5. Select "Always" and Waze
    6. If you want re-enable Google Maps

From now onwards, Waze will be your default.
    I am having the same issue as the OP, except I want to use Waze in Android Auto. The instructions above work well for most things, but still will not allow you to use Waze in Android Auto. You just get an error message in Android Auto that says you need to enable Google Maps. I'd sure like to have Waze working with Android Auto!
    04-14-2018 08:48 AM
    Where are you from? I think this issue is about the links that Waze handles. You can check that in the list in Apps - Waze - Set as default - addresses.
    04-14-2018 07:12 PM
    I'm having the exact same problem. Tried disabling Google maps, tried setting waze as default app it is grayed out in both waze and Google maps. When connected to Android Auto, and I'd say ok Google navigate me to..... It would then say ok handing off to waze. Now it automatically goes to Google maps and no way of getting it to go to waze unless you manually type in the address. Seemed to change with last update Samsung pushed. I have the galaxy s9.
    09-03-2018 07:12 AM