Import pics to Win7 w/o checking entire phone each time

nancygail

Sep 22, 2017
Visit site
Hello!

This is my first Android phone after years of an iPhone. Its a Galaxy 7 Edge. I plug it in and from Windows 7 I chose to import photos and videos in windows explorer. I just right mouse click and choose to import and it puts in in a dated folder where I have it set. I've always done it this way even with my iPhone.

However it goes through what appears to be my entire new phone each time rather than just where it places the photo and video I take. Takes forever.

Is there a place I can have it default to the photo gallery each time to download?

Thanks in advance for any advice!
Nancy

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
Hello!

This is my first Android phone after years of an iPhone. Its a Galaxy 7 Edge. I plug it in and from Windows 7 I chose to import photos and videos in windows explorer. I just right mouse click and choose to import and it puts in in a dated folder where I have it set. I've always done it this way even with my iPhone.

However it goes through what appears to be my entire new phone each time rather than just where it places the photo and video I take. Takes forever.

Is there a place I can have it default to the photo gallery each time to download?

Thanks in advance for any advice!
Nancy
Honestly I just set my phone to backup to OneDrive and have the OneDrive program active on my PC. That way everytime there's a new photo, whether I download it or take a picture, it automatically is uploaded and downloaded to my PC. Works even if you're across the country from your PC. You can set it up to download to PC as soon as you take the picture.

Photos would appear in the OneDrive>Pictures folder.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site