Gallery App To Sync To Cloud & Also To PC

Robert Lindsay

Oct 24, 2014
Visit site
I have a Samsung S7E.

I am looking for a reliable app to sync my photo gallery pics to my Google Drive or any other cloud service. I then need to be able to download a program for my Windows 7 laptop so i can sync the photos to my laptop.

I was using Google Photos. If you reset your phone it only lets you download the pics one at a time. So i then used the Google Drive app to download all my pics however you end up with 2 copies of every pic in Google Photos app, i.e. one from the cloud and one stored on your device.

I dont like to use the Samsung route because you cant see your backed up files and you cant sync them to a Windows 7 pc.

I tried using the Quickpic app and i set it up to backup to the Google Drive but the syncing is very temperamental.

So can you recommend me an app that is great for backing up my pics to some cloud service and then i can sync the files to my Windows 7 laptop. I have Google Drive but i can sign up for another service if needed.

L0n3N1nja

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
I've never liked Google photos due to how difficult it can be to manage the files in the cloud.

I used to use Dropbox, would automatically back up all the files and video, didn't automatically put them on my computer but it was easy to mass download them.

If you've got Windows 10 I think one drive will automatically download and sync to the PC, if not I know it works well for auto backups to the cloud. Anyone with a Microsoft account has a small amount of One drive storage for free to test it out.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
If you install Google Drive and set up a separate folder for your pics named DCIM, you can set it to sync DCIM on the phone with DCIM on Drive. Then install Google Drive on your laptop and you can see the pics there too.

Robert Lindsay

Oct 24, 2014
Visit site
I've never liked Google photos due to how difficult it can be to manage the files in the cloud.

I used to use Dropbox, would automatically back up all the files and video, didn't automatically put them on my computer but it was easy to mass download them.

If you've got Windows 10 I think one drive will automatically download and sync to the PC, if not I know it works well for auto backups to the cloud. Anyone with a Microsoft account has a small amount of One drive storage for free to test it out.

I thought i would try Onedrive, the last time i checked, it was only for windows 10, its now available for windows 7 which i have. I already have a microsoft account too.

The software installed fine on my laptop. I installed the app on my phone and i gave it access to sync my pictures. It got to work right away and then all my pics were synced to my laptop right away. So you were right about it automatically downloading the files.

Well done sir and many thanks for helping me out. It Seems to do exactly what i need. :)

Robert Lindsay

Oct 24, 2014
Visit site
If you install Google Drive and set up a separate folder for your pics named DCIM, you can set it to sync DCIM on the phone with DCIM on Drive. Then install Google Drive on your laptop and you can see the pics there too.

Thanks for your reply. I already experimented with the google drive app on my phone, it does not allow you to add folders on your phones storage for syncing. You can add a folder on your google drive but you cant tell it what folders on your phone to sync with. Maybe i missed something though. :cool:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1