when I cancel my account

anon(9918034)

May 19, 2016
Visit site
I'm talking about my android central account. Fake stories being published, stupid post about where to by a phone. a forum full of people comparing their phones **** size. I don't get the sense of community from android central. This site is dedicated to flagship phones and only flagship phones. It doesn't care about android as a whole just what brings them subscribers.

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
In all honesty - there are only so many writers to review phones, and to properly review a phone they need to spend some time with that phone in daily use. With that in mind, they need to make a decision as to what devices to review and some devices will end up as not reviewed. The devices that don't get reviewed are most likely to be the low-volume devices.

Other than "how does it perform, how does it feel in the hand", a Samsung device is a Samsung device and they have dropped quite a few on the market, at various budget levels. The staff can't POSSIBLY write a review of every single one. That's where the "community review team" comes into play - reviewing the devices they use but someone on that team still needs to have the device to review.

To answer the question - your posts won't be deleted, that would leave holes in threads or comments sections if those comments had direct replies.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
No we usually don't remove them. It varies from situation to situation and depends how the member posted and whatnot before they left. We've had some come be nasty then cancel.

Either way once you cancel your account it is gone so if you decide to do that it will be a done deal - no restoring it.

anon(9918034)

May 19, 2016
Visit site
In all honesty - there are only so many writers to review phones, and to properly review a phone they need to spend some time with that phone in daily use. With that in mind, they need to make a decision as to what devices to review and some devices will end up as not reviewed. The devices that don't get reviewed are most likely to be the low-volume devices.

Other than "how does it perform, how does it feel in the hand", a Samsung device is a Samsung device and they have dropped quite a few on the market, at various budget levels. The staff can't POSSIBLY write a review of every single one. That's where the "community review team" comes into play - reviewing the devices they use but someone on that team still needs to have the device to review.

To answer the question - your posts won't be deleted, that would leave holes in threads or comments sections if those comments had direct replies.

They don't give every phone they review time. The only ones that get a good amount of time are Samsung, LG, Pixel. I have read countless reviews where the flat out say this is a short review period. In the review they flat out say they only prefer Samsung. The reviews are done by already bias writers and writers who don't want to spend time with a phone they deem not a flagship. They will.post an initial opinion and if it's not favorable for what they like the just slam the device in everything they right about it. They have no consideration that not everyone uses a phone the way you prefer to use it. If it doesn't work in their little bubble then it's a pile of ****. Had I actually listened to the reviewers on this page there is a handful of devices I would have never tried and ended up loving.

That's what upsets me is there is a world full of great devices that get passed over because if the bias webpages like android central. There are people who take to heart what these reviewers say about devices. Android is such an amazing software and it can be molded and shaped into amazing devices. If that device doesn't carry a premium price tag with a premium name you will barely hear about if at all.

The forums are even worse, it's full of people who only read these reviews go into opposing manufacturer forums to give said device a bad wrap. I see it all the time and the mods don't give a ****. As long as everyone plays nice. Trolling is out of control in the forums and frankly it's sad. If you have an issue and you go into the forums to find an answer there are always those people who jump in to just talk ****.

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
Something else to consider - what companies does AC get review units from and which devices are those? AC doesn't have limitless cash to go buy every device available in order to review them, the site relies on manufacturers supplying devices for review so the manufacturers will choose which devices to send. That, again, is where community reviews come in - people that have bought devices for their own use can submit a review of that device.

Find another site that reviews EVERY device on the market, I challenge you. You won't find it for the same reasons posted above.

L0n3N1nja

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
I don't agree with most of your points but I've got to ask what phones are you loving that they didn't review?

I think they do a great job reviewing most phones available in the states where they are located, few budget phones get reviews but the cover the flag ships and many mid range.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87