So the battery on my S7 ran out, and when I charged it and turned it back on it required the password to unlock, as apposed to my finger print. I thought i knew the password, but apparently and annoyingly not. Now I can only attempt to try to guess the password every 60 minutes and so far have had no luck.

I have read on various other posts about remotely accessing via Find My Mobile and Android Device Manager - however, my wifi and data are both switched off.

So my question is - is there any way to bypass the lock screen without factory re-setting? I really don't want to lose everything from my phone.

Or is there a way to switch on my data/wifi whilst it's locked?

It's a long shot but I am desperate, so any help will be greatly appreciated
    10-01-2017 12:58 PM
    Welcome to Android Central. It will do you no good to factory reset as you will still need the Google account password to setup the phone afterward. There is also no way to bypass forgotten credentials. You also can't access the phone's settings while its locked.

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Android Central.
    10-01-2017 01:19 PM
    on my s5 when i restart my phone it only lets me sign in with backup password instead of fingerprint but, it has an option to change password, when pressed it ask for fingerprint and new password!!

see if you have that option. it only comes after restarting phone
    10-01-2017 05:35 PM