Samsung A5 Question

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

So I bought a new Samsung Galaxy A5 and a couple things I can't seem to figure out.

- when at my home screen and I have 5 different screens, the home screen is #1 . I swipe through till #5 but I can't swipe back to #1 . How do I fix this?

- How do I make a folder so I can go into my other folders in my device and memory card?

- On previous phones, I could hold down the button and the screen to clear ram and stuff was there. Now it takes me to google. Where did that screen go? And can I put it back to where it should be?

Thanks!!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! If you can't find an option for infinite homescreen scrolling in the system settings, then you'd have to consider installing a 3rd party launcher, like Nova (which I use, and which does have infinite scrolling). I've seen other questions about this for other Samsung phones, and it sounds like TouchWiz doesn't have this feature any more.

If you want to explore the directories on Internal Storage or the SD card, use a file manager like My Files. If you want a good 3rd party file manager, I recommend Total Commander. Or are you asking how to create a shortcut for the My Files app on the homescreen?

To see your recent apps, tap the Recent Apps (the button to the left of Home). You can swipe away apps there, which effectively closes them from RAM. However, I wouldn't be overly concerned about clearing RAM -- Android was designed to keep RAM relatively full. If you clear RAM, the system will just open some app automatically to fill it. This is how the system switches between apps efficiently.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21