How do I get my Galaxy S5 out of headphone mode?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

For the past few days, my S5 has been in and out of headphone mode. I tested the audio by taking a video in a loud party setting but it did not pick up on the audio at all. I would try to Shazam songs, but it again wouldn't pick up on the audio. I would make calls, but niether me or the person I was talking to could hear me. I would put every sound on the highest setting. But no avail, all I got were vibrations. I tried cleaning out my headphone jack for debris, but nothing was in there. I have done 4 factory resets and restarted it more than that. I've pulled the battery twice now, too. So, in short, I've done practically everything. Does anyone have any other ideas?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Does it actually work if you're using headphones plugged into the jack?

If the phone thinks headphones are plugged in even if they're not, and you've already cleaned out the jack, then it probably has to be replaced. Or, if headphones aren't important to you, you could try SoundAbout to force sound through the phone speakers.