While on vacation a while ago, my S6 phone was knocked off a table by my 4 year old and broken. Battery problems, frequent unplanned restarts, connectivity problems, freezing and shutdowns. I decided I had to get a new phone (trying to save money, got a J3 Emerge, horrible phone, but that's another story).

Techs at the Sprint Store where I purchased were absolutely unable to transfer any info from one phone to the other, using Smart Switch or any other method. To be fair, keeping the S6 on long enough to do the switch is a bit challenging. So now I have it at home, fully charged, on, and am trying to download the info I need onto my ASUS laptop, but I'm unable to do it.

The laptop sees the phone intermittently, but not long enough or steady enough to connect to it. In the "connected devices" area of the laptop's settings, it says very briefly when visible, "driver problems". What driver do I need to download to be able to access the S6 and get my info from it? I have several hundred contacts that will be difficult to copy manually, and a couple years worth of pictures of my kid and family that I really don't want to lose.

Any help or direction will be much appreciated!
    10-01-2017 08:49 PM
    You by chance back them up to Google?
    10-01-2017 09:06 PM