I am moving to an office where there is no signal for my phone on EE. I have WiFi so EE said I can use WiFi calling and make and receive calls that way. Has anyone done this?
    10-02-2017 02:29 PM
    Welcome to Android Central. What phone do you have?
    10-02-2017 02:54 PM
    I am moving to an office where there is no signal for my phone on EE. I have WiFi so EE said I can use WiFi calling and make and receive calls that way. Has anyone done this?
    EE have a list of supported phones.
    It either has to be bought directly from them or have their firmware installed.

Yes, I use it every day. On my Note 8 now and my previous S8. ( both bought direct from Samsung and flashed with EE firmware)
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    10-02-2017 04:21 PM
    EE have a list of supported phones.
    It either has to be bought directly from them or have their firmware installed.

Yes, I use it every day. On my Note 8 now and my previous S8. ( both bought direct from Samsung and flashed with EE firmware)
    I might give this firmware a go, looks like the latest updates are more recent than the unlocked version and the wifi calling included, is there any branding on the firmware, I assume it's not locked to EE?
    10-08-2017 11:51 AM
    I might give this firmware a go, looks like the latest updates are more recent than the unlocked version and the wifi calling included, is there any branding on the firmware, I assume it's not locked to EE?
    No branding whatsoever.
    Phone remains unlocked.
    Updates have been quick.
    No downside.

What phone is it? Both my S8 and my N8 ( on direct from Samsung BTU firmware) had WiFi calling out the box. No need for EE SVR firmware for that, just to enable VoLTE.
    10-08-2017 04:05 PM