ZTE ZMAX PRO Aux volume low

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

When I plug the aux cable into my car stereo and turn up media volume to 100% and car stereo to Max it is still very low volume with very little bass. I'm pretty sure this has something to do with the headset icon appearing when I plug in the aux cable to my phone. My guess is the volume and bass are limited for safety and possibly quality reasons. Is there a way to tell my phone it's an auction cord and not a headset? I tried using the Dolby eq to boost it and it helped but not enough. I tried 3rd party eq and app specific embedded eq's. No luck with those. I'm using SoundCloud but have verified the problem is global. If the phone is just unable to overcome this issue, can someone recommend a better phone? The zmax is a pile of garbage anyway so I will be getting a new phone asap.

Thanks for any help.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Have you tried turning off all equalizers? I've found that most equalizer settings actually cause the overall volume to go down.

Crypto Thick

Oct 3, 2017
Visit site
Yeah, I have turned eq off. Almost certain this is a limit because it thinks headphones are in. There doesn't seem to be a way to tell it that it's aux and not headset. I think the only solution is a different phone
. Eff ZTE anyway,. Total crap

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital