Shop HP’s Memorial Day Sale:Save up to 61% on PCs and more!
    My husband has a galaxy s6 active. When we go into the settings and app permissions, there are two of some of the apps and one of each icon has a lock in the bottom right corner. What does this mean? And how do we fix it?
    10-04-2017 05:22 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! Can you give some examples of those duplicate apps? Are they system apps?
    10-04-2017 04:47 PM
    I have the same issue. I was having to accept app permissions on apps I use everyday. Opened app settings then permissions and noticed the duplicates. I just got the Gear 3 watch and I'm thinking there's duplicate system apps for it but not sure. ...?..
    Attached Thumbnails Two icons on app permissions-1293.jpg  
    11-08-2017 06:27 PM
    This is most likely due to him using a "secure folder" .
    The secure folder comes pre-installed w the phone, but must be enabled by the owner of the phone (and then granted permission to access each individual app the first time a file from that app gets moved to the sec. folder).
    Users can then store private pics & videos, specific contacts, sms msgs, notes, etc (pretty much any file) in the secured folder.
    The folder is pin-protected and can be hidden by either not allowing it to show up in their app tray, or by disguising it in their app tray under a different (more benign looking) icon.
    The duplicate apps you see w the lock in the corner are the ones to which the secured folder have been granted access.
    09-22-2018 03:05 PM