Okay, there is supposed to be wi-fi in the subway stations - and elsewhere in the city, right?

When I am in a station, or even on the street, and I check my wi-fi settings, I see that I am "connected" to TRANSITLINK or WIFI-NYC or whatever it's called, but there's 'no internet."

So I can't connect to anything at that point.

Question: what do I have to do at this point to actually get on the internet? what am I missing here?

thanks for any feedback!

w
    10-05-2017 10:54 AM
    Okay, there is supposed to be wi-fi in the subway stations - and elsewhere in the city, right?

When I am in a station, or even on the street, and I check my wi-fi settings, I see that I am "connected" to TRANSITLINK or WIFI-NYC or whatever it's called, but there's 'no internet."

Question: what do I have to do at this point to actually get on the internet? what am I missing here?

thanks for any feedback!

w
    You have to open a browser to sign in or accept like most free web
    Chris5483 likes this.
    10-05-2017 01:50 PM
    Hi! I started this yesterday, but I couldn't figure out how to extend the thread, ie, reply to the reply - apologies for redundancy:

ME: Okay, there is supposed to be wi-fi in the subway stations - and elsewhere in the city, right?

thanks for any feedback!

w

THE VERY KIND RESPONSE: You have to open a browser to sign in or accept like most free web

ME AGAIN: I keep opening a browser, and all I get is a message saying 'you are NOT connected to the internet.' How did I get the NYC transit (or other) wi-fi sign in page? can not figure this out, apologies for stupidity of the question!
    10-06-2017 06:31 AM
    I found your other thread and merged them.

Try forgetting that wi-fi network, and then connect again to see if you get the correct login prompt.
    10-06-2017 11:12 AM
    thanks very much - good idea - I shall try it today!

thanks once again,

w
    B. Diddy likes this.
    10-06-2017 11:56 AM