I bought an unlocked refurbished S7 Edge online (I'm in the UK). I can tell from the boot up and bloatware that the phone was previously locked to T-Mobile, an American network, which I though was strange. Anyway, every time I unlock or open my phone, a pop up is displayed asking me to 'Select an Action'. The two apps displayed are 'New tag scanned' and 'Samsung Health'. I can click off the pop-up so I don't have to open either of the apps, but it is just annoying that it shows EVERY TIME I open my phone. Has anyone any ideas on how I can stop it showing?
    10-06-2017 04:56 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! How are you unlocking the phone -- with the Home button or the Power button? Does it happen either way?
    10-06-2017 12:17 PM
    This is happening to me too. Its driving me crazy!
    10-06-2017 03:33 PM
    Its happening either way and very randomly, just started today
    10-06-2017 03:34 PM
    Does it persist after a cache partition wipe? https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-30240
    10-06-2017 06:40 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! How are you unlocking the phone -- with the Home button or the Power button? Does it happen either way?
    Happens either way. I usually unlock my phone with the thumb print scanner on the home button, but it happens even when i unlock it with the password.

I also tried wiping the cache partition, but no luck, it still happens.

Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge asks to select an action every time I open my phone! How do I stop it?-win_20171009_09_46_01_pro.jpg

This is what is appearing on my screen every time my phone is opened
    10-09-2017 03:34 AM
    What happens if you turn off NFC?
    michaelfandrews likes this.
    10-09-2017 09:42 AM
    Its happening either way and very randomly, just started today
    When the NFC is turned off, the pop up doesn't show!

And with a bit of help from B. Diddy, I have worked out why. I have a pocket in the back of my phone case which I keep my gym card in. Because my gym card uses a contactless system, the NFC on my phone is trying to scan it all the time, which is bringing up the pop up.

Remove the gym card from the pocket and voila! no pop up!
    B. Diddy likes this.
    10-09-2017 10:09 AM
    Great! Yes, that's a common issue with those wallet cases -- the NFC chip in some cards can cause various notification tones or alerts.
    michaelfandrews likes this.
    10-09-2017 02:27 PM
    Thanks for your help!
    B. Diddy likes this.
    10-11-2017 07:39 AM
    That explains why it didn't start happening until O went on vacation. I was storing my hotel key in one of those card holder pockets. How funny. Droveme crazy all weekend.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    10-11-2017 09:41 PM
    When the NFC is turned off, the pop up doesn't show!

And with a bit of help from B. Diddy, I have worked out why. I have a pocket in the back of my phone case which I keep my gym card in. Because my gym card uses a contactless system, the NFC on my phone is trying to scan it all the time, which is bringing up the pop up.

Remove the gym card from the pocket and voila! no pop up!

This one is perfect reason and solution of this issue.

Because of NFC is on any magnetic card will come near to phone pop up will be automatically comes up. As you switch of NFC pop up will not come. But keep in mind when you use app like samsung pay again it will come as this kind of app will enable NFC in background to detect NFC machines to carry out payment and hence if you use this card at back of the mobile pop up will not stop.

So take care, just keep all magnetic strip cards away from your mobile, when NFC is on, or for ever.
    Your Problem will be solved

And again Thank you very very very much from B. Diddy.....
    03-16-2018 05:05 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD