I recently lost my phone, after many tries to find it I sent the "erase this device" command from the google device manager. Then a few days later wouldn't you know it but i found my phone. it's battery was dead and i feel fairly confident that it has not connected to the network for google to erase it. It currently has no app for backups installed like "My Backup Pro" or anything like that. My conundrum is that now that i possess it I would like to get my text message history and some of my files off of the phone without connecting it to the network (so that it won't erase the data before I'm able to harvest it). Is there a way i can place an app on an sd card and then load that app to the phone without network access and then move the relevant material before i allow it to connect and erase? I'm also open to the idea of harvesting the data from specific folders in the phone using USB thumb drive and then manually loading them into the right places so that they are usable after the 'erase' process has finished. The phone is a Galaxy Note 4 on Verizon, and any useful suggestions would be very much appreciated. thank you. `Scott.
    10-06-2017 03:07 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! See if this works: How To Cancel An Android Remote Wipe: Real Solution | Ubergizmo
    10-08-2017 12:36 AM