got a Samsung Galaxy Note 2014 Edition SM-P600 and recently starts playing a video clips of the features endlessly when my tablet is "resting". This drains my battery unless I turn it off which is a drag as i have to boot up my i have to use it. the video start every time screen turns black when screen sleeps, etc. appreciate any help. jack
    10-06-2017 08:50 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! It sounds like retail or demo mode for a floor model. Did you get this tablet used? Floor models usually have a special demo ROM installed, so you might have to try flashing the standard firmware.
    10-07-2017 01:14 PM
    I have the same tablet and can help you fix this. When turning on the tablet, open the Apps screen and look for the "Screen Saver" app (it has an icon that says "Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition"). Open the Screen Saver app and uncheck "Service enable" to turn off the screensaver. That should fix the issue.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    10-07-2017 01:21 PM
    I have the same tablet and can help you fix this. When turning on the tablet, open the Apps screen and look for the "Screen Saver" app (it has an icon that says "Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition"). Open the Screen Saver app and uncheck "Service enable" to turn off the screensaver. That should fix the issue.
    Does the screensaver ever show a retail mode demo?
    10-07-2017 01:24 PM
    Does the screensaver ever show a retail mode demo?
    If you're talking about an interactive demo sort of thing, no. It's just a video that shows all the tablet's features, just like the OP described, and I'm pretty sure it was intended for retail display models. It came included on mine, but it wasn't turned on by default (it was a new-in-box model). Whoever sold it to them probably just didn't turn off the screensaver.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    10-07-2017 02:19 PM