Is it possible to connect a Samsung J3 2016 phone to both an external monitor and keyboard + mouse? Thank you for feedback.
    10-07-2017 02:48 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Are you asking about a USB keyboard and mouse? I'm not sure if you can connect more than one device at a time via OTG. Have you considered using a Bluetooth keyboard and mouse?

To display the screen on a monitor, you could consider using Chromecast and the Cast Screen feature. It doesn't support MHL or SlimPort.
    10-08-2017 12:19 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! Are you asking about a USB keyboard and mouse? I'm not sure if you can connect more than one device at a time via OTG. Have you considered using a Bluetooth keyboard and mouse?

To display the screen on a monitor, you could consider using Chromecast and the Cast Screen feature. It doesn't support MHL or SlimPort.
    Thank you. Yes, asking about a USB keyboard and a mouse. What if one could use a USB hub into the OTG cable, could one then connect more than one device at a time?
    No, have not considered using a Bluetooth keyboard, but thanks for the advice.

Have not considered using a Chromecast, because not looking for the external monitor to be a TV. Would it work to connect the OTG cabel to a HDMI USB adapter and then connecting it to a small monitor screen?
    10-08-2017 03:22 AM
    Doubt the phone will work with a USB hub as there are no drivers for the hub. Olus the J3 being a low end device for Samsung, I am not even sure if it has USBOTG capability. Not all phones have it. It's hardware related as much as software.
    10-08-2017 03:48 AM
    Would it work to connect the OTG cabel to a HDMI USB adapter and then connecting it to a small monitor screen?
    I'm not sure about using an HDMI USB adapter. But it should work on any computer monitor with an HDMI input.
    10-08-2017 12:42 PM
    J3 does seem to have OTG. At least according to gsmarena. https://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_gal...2016)-7760.php However, I don't think it will support audio/video transmission like USB Type C does.

@PhoneInterest you might want to look at ScreenBeam Mini 2 Continuum Edition. ScreenBeam | Mini2 Continuum Edition - ScreenBeam

It would work with any screen that has an HDMI port (so TV or just a modern monitor) and it has a USB dongle for full size USB input. Then you just need a keyboard/mouse combo that runs off one receiver. You'd have your Monitor + SB Mini 2 and keyboard/mouse set up in place, then just cast to the monitor and start working when needed.
    10-08-2017 01:08 PM
    Does Asus Zenfone 3 Max 5,2 support OTG?
    12-25-2017 12:44 PM
    Does Asus Zenfone 3 Max 5,2 support OTG?
    Any thoughts about this?
    12-28-2017 12:16 PM