Some time after my call on what's app are any other app it happens that the music starts coming from the earpiece not from my speaker why it happens alway to correct this problem i have to restart my phone i am using samsung s6 and it mistly started when i use the 7.0 android virsion updated plzzz help me
    10-08-2017 08:11 AM
    This same problem seems to have occurred on my moto g this morning also. I have a 2015 3rd generation unlocked phone. The phone was bought in the fall of 2015 and this is the first time I have had the issue. I have rarely been using the headphone jack.

The problem is I had normal audio if plugging headphones into the audio jack but no sound if the headphones were pulled out. I could plug the headphones in and out to repeat the issue repeatedly. I tried using several apps that should have played music or make sounds and all were the same. Also made a phone call to the phone and was likewise though could hear a very weak sound. I noticed numbers of sound issues with the moto g after searching online but none were quite the same. I did try a Safe Mode boot but had the same issue.

I have been a hardware electronic technician for decades and suspected the audio jack itself because the jack has a switching function in which when inserting a standard 3.5mm miniature stereo phone plug that causes the audio path to switch between the speaker and the phone plug. In other words plugging in a phone plug causes the speaker to turn off and instead play on the inserted device like ear buds or whatever and that is the usual function with cell phones. Then pulling a plug out switches it back to the speaker.

Thus troubleshot the issue by pushing in a headphone phone plug partially and wiggling it about some while doing so and eventually began to hear short noise coming out of the speakers. Then dunked the phone plug into a bottle of isopropyl alcohol so it was dripping wet and then inserted it repeatedly into the jack. I repeated this a few times while orienting the phone in different ways so the alcohol might gravity flow into different parts of the jack contacts in order to wash off whatever was blocking contact connectivity. That caused the issue to gradually improve and eventually worked solidly again. Thus the issue was likely jack contact contamination. Note isopropyl alcohol (at least 90% pure) is is commonly used for cleaning electrical contacts without leaving any residue because it evaporates and can be bought cheaply in any drug store. Also mechanical contacts use spring metals that over time can creep into slightly different positions, especially with a lot of use. Thus such a contact might no longer apply enough force against adjacent contacts for a low resistance connection. Eventually such a contact if spread enough could fail such that just using alcohol would not fix the issue.

David
    10-09-2017 01:54 PM